DVC Mike Live from Kidani Village (Mar 6-14)

I arrived at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas for an 8-night stay at Kidani Village. I have a 1-BR Savanna view room on the 5th floor of the Timon section (75xx). I walk of out my room and walk a few steps to the right, and I can take the elevator down to the Lobby or to Sanna. I turn left and walk a few steps and I can take the elevator down to my car. It’s a pretty convenient location. I like having the car out of the sun and weather.

I arrived in the lobby at 12:15pm and my room was ready. I was glad since I was tired from the 8.5 hour drive. I spent most of the day relaxing in my room, or walking around the resort.

A couple of weeks ago, my wife decided she didn’t want to spend the entire 8 nights here, but is only coming down for 2-3 nights. She says that 34 nights at Walt Disney World over just 6 months is too much for her. Pretty strange comment, eh? :confused: Go figure!

I’m just glad to be here. I’ve been working 60 hours a week for the past few months, so I’m grateful I get to take vacations.

I had a nice meal at Boma tonight, with dinner plans for Jiko, Raglun Road, Koouzzina, Flying Fish Café, Kona Café, Citricos and bluezoo. Of course, I made these plans thinking there will be two of us, so I’m not sure if I’ll keep them all.

I’ve not had any time to play with my Nikon D5000 DSLR camera since the last trip, but I did buy a new lens and I’m hoping to try to take some dark ride pictures on this trip.

Oh well, I have absolutely no plans other than the ADRs, so I’ll just play it by ear.

Here are a couple of guys outside my balcony

The entrance to the Kidani Village lobby at night

The Saamwati Springs Pool area at night

:happy:

Your pictures are always wonderful; if these were taken with your new camera, it looks like you picked a winner. I feel like I can reach out and touch the giraffes.
Is there such a thing as too much Disney? Don’t think so…sounds like the crazies to me…:crying:

Wow, beautiful pictures!

I bet your wife misses you, and comes down anyway… it is Disney after all- it is the happiest place on earth, after all…

I love your pictures and always look forward to your TRs!

pics so far are great. can’t wait to see more

They held the 2nd annual Disney’s Princess Half Marathon today. It started at 6am from Epcot and also ended at Epcot (map below).

I went over to Epcot. The shot below shows the guests being let into Epcot, with the marathon runners going the opposite direction.

Some runners (note the guy)

There was only one point where guests could cross the marathon, and you’d better cut across quickly.

The ending area

What all the racers got

Who else would you expect to see at the finish line?

The weather was nice and it was the Flower & Garden festival. Here is the entrance area:

Spaceship Earth seems to be in a lot of my Epcot pictures

Epcot was beautiful today.

I enjoy pictures with water in them

A few topiaries

In the butterfly building

The flowers were beautiful this morning.

Beautiful pics DVC Mike. Makes me feel like I am right there!

Great pics! Its nice to see all the beautiful colors back. It was kind of blah while we were there because it was right after the big freeze.

WOW the photos are so cool, its like i can just reach out and touch things :heart:

amazing pictures. i felt like i could walk right in to the picture…

Right before I went down to the lobby to meet a fellow DVC member, this little one showed up, so I grabbed the camera.

Then two more (his parents?) showed up.

I went over to the Magic Kingdom tonight.

I finally got to try taking some “dark ride” pictures. These are from Pirates of the Caribbean. Not bad, but I think I can do better next time.

Those dark pics are great

Ah, your pictures are always so lovely! And they make me want to be in WDW!!!