DVC Mike Live from VWL (Jan 9-17)

We left home around 4am on Saturday, and it was a chilly 17 degrees. We arrived at the Wilderness Lodge at 12:30pm, where it was a chilly 33 degrees. Brrr!

We just relaxed around the resort (mostly inside) today. They closed the pool bar and had opened up the Territory Lounge. We had dinner at the Whispering Canyon Café.

This should be a quiet trip. It should warm up over the week until it hits the low 70’s by the end of our trip.

I snapped a few quick shots of the Wilderness Lodge lobby with my new Nikon camera. I haven’t had much of an opportunity to use it until today. Hopefully, by the end of this trip, I’ll feel as comfortable using it as I am with my trusty old Olympus compact.

Great pictures! Which Nikon did you get? And isn’t this FL weather crazy?

WOW!! That’s one BIG lodge!

awesome pictures!!! cant wait to see more :smile:

It is huge!!! But they didn’t skip on the details. I can’t wait to see more pics! I hope it warms up soon for you guys!

Nikon D5000 dSLR (it fits between the D60 and D90).

It’s a cool 29 degrees outside at 8:23 AM this morning.

[QUOTE=DVC Mike;1012324]Nikon D5000 dSLR (it fits between the D60 and D90).

It’s a cool 29 degrees outside at 8:23 AM this morning.[/QUOTE]

32 in South Fl and windy . . . brrrr. At least the lodge is cozy and warm! (well from the pictures anyway!:laugh:)

Love the pictures! I will never forget the first time I went into WL just after it opened… it took my breath away. I think if I ever get to try a deluxe resort that will be the first one I try.

Hope it warms up for you soon.

Great pics. Mine never turn out that good. Bad case of OE.

Are you lakeside? Could you inclue a few pics from your balcony so I can judge what floor we want to request for our March trip? DW is leaning towards bottom floor so she can walk out directly to the pool/spa. I want a higher floor for the view if the bushes block the view.

Thanks.

those pictures are amazing…I can’t wait for our next trip since we’re having dinner there we’ll get to see that beautiful lobby

You are selling me more and more on the Wilderness Lodge. We have done GF and the Poly and love love love the Poly. I was thinking of trying something new this year and the WL seems so much like it is it. Great pix!

Love the pics! Keep them coming!

We slept in today, and then ordered in a nice room service breakfast. We have no plans to leave the resort today. We may hit the MK tomorrow.

The lobby of the Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is very cozy and inviting.

Here are a few of the animal carvings in the VWL lobby.

Right off the VWL lobby is the Carolwood Pacific Room

It has been so cold they have all the topiaries covered, including this one at the VWL entrance.

The Territory Lounge

Artist Point (we were scheduled to have dinner tonight, but cancelled it was my wife isn’t feeling well)

One of the two huge murals with the hidden Mickey’s

Some shots from outside Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Yes, there’s actually someone swimming in the pool!

Notice the kid in the spa, while it’s below freezing

The beach

Fire Rock Geyser

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1012355]Are you lakeside? Could you inclue a few pics from your balcony so I can judge what floor we want to request for our March trip? DW is leaning towards bottom floor so she can walk out directly to the pool/spa. I want a higher floor for the view if the bushes block the view.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

This trip, we’re on the top (5th) floor, but not lakeside. I usually prefer to be near the quiet pool.

Mike, we’ve only stayed at WLV once as DVC members and we’re going back again next month. Since it’s super cold there now are all the pools heated you think? Even the smaller DVC section pool? Have you seen people in the hot tub?

Obviously it’s probably TOO cold with the cold snap going on right now there but I am assuming when everything gets back to normal I’ll be able to enjoy the hot tub/pool next month?

haha, got’cha, I see your commentary now. That would totally be me. Maybe not the pool, but the hot tub, totally. Warms the bones.