DVC Mousekeeping question

We are renting points and staying at OKW for 13 nights. I’m not too worried about it because I can certainly wash the towels and take out my own trash for the price, but I’m just trying to make sure I understand what to expect. We will get towels and trash removal every 4 days? What is a full cleaning on the 4th day?

Although my DD is a little bummed at no towel animals, she wrote a thank you note (with a little tip) every time they left one last year at SSR. We only stayed 5 nights and they left her 12 animals!

A full cleaning is a full-service visit, with fresh linens and towels, toiletries, vacuuming, a scrub-down for the kitchen… the usual sort of resort cleanup. And yes, you get new towels every four days. At SSR, they put it all in a basket outside the door first thing in the morning!

You can also order a full cleaning visit at the front desk when you check in for a small fee. Give them the date you’d like them to vist, and they will add it to your bill.

Thanks MissDisney!

Now if I could just convince DH that we really should just become DVC members…

[QUOTE=NinerMouse;1014451]Thanks MissDisney!

Now if I could just convince DH that we really should just become DVC members…[/QUOTE]

My pleasure!

We just finished a trip to SSR and did not order extra Mousekeeping visits. But I think I might treat myself next time to an extra visit!

Now if I could just convince DH that we really should just become DVC members…[/QUOTE]

Maybe a trip on rented points will help. You could also show him how the money you are spending renting points and booking rooms through Disney could go toward your own points. Once you pay off the cost of the points you can vacation on the cost of the annual dues, for us that less than $900.

It is heavenly when you check out of the room with no bill to pay!!!

I understand, I tried to get the DH to do it a few years earlier, when I had the money to pay for it outright. He vetoed it for years. Finally he gave in years later once he did a tour in WDW and fell in love. By then the money was spent and the price went up but I now have full access to the greatest place on earth :laugh:

I’m working on him. Our first 2 visits we booked packages, both times we had some type of discount, but this time we rented points from a friend and are staying cheaper than ever. I had a 5 night trip booked at BCV and this extended stay is costing less than that would have becasue I couldn’t find any discounts.

My biggest problem is the initial investment of course, but as I’ve pointed out we only have 4 more semesters of tuition for our stepdaughter then its 8 more years until college for our DD.

He’s beginning to seriously listen to me now.

Have him stand next to you when you check out and the CM says, “Thanks and have a magical day!” instead of “Shall I put this huge bill on your credit card?”

That ought ot do the trick! :slight_smile:

Oh he’ll be hooked once he hears “Welcome Home” and you get that special tingly feeling inside.:laugh: No matter how many times I hear it, it gets me everytime.:wub: