DVC new policy?

I just saw this online, but I know that months ago, I had made reservations in a single phone call, 11 months from my first day, for a total of five nights. Am I missing something?

[I]New policy enhances reservation bookings and waitlist procedure.
In response to ongoing Member feedback regarding our reservation processes, last week we introduced a new policy designed to enhance booking guidelines and waitlist procedures.

The new reservation policy now offers Members the opportunity to place one single phone call to secure an entire Disney Vacation Club Resort reservation for as many as 7 nights, beginning on the first day of their booking window (which is 11 months before check-in at Members’ Home Resort, or 7 monthsbefore check-in at other Disney Vacation Club Resorts). The previous policy required Members to call daily at the beginning of their booking window, piecing together their reservation one night at a time. [/I]

Yes, this is pretty new. Maybe you were one of the first members to be allowed to book that way.

Hallelujah! Having just gone through the “book one day at a time” routine, all I can say is "it’s about time!!!:happy:

so does this mean you used to have to call 6 separate times for a 6 night stay? :blink:

You used to now you can book a week in one call.

You only had to book day-by-day for the very high demand reservations. In most cases, it was not needed. You could book a 6-night stay in one call, except you booked it 11 mos in advance of the check-out date instead of the check-in date.

I don’t get why you had to reserve one day at a time. How does that make sense? what if the second night wasn’t available at that resort, did they expect everyone to pack up and move?

Explain, please :blush:

[QUOTE=Dopey;855069]I don’t get why you had to reserve one day at a time. How does that make sense? what if the second night wasn’t available at that resort, did they expect everyone to pack up and move?

Explain, please :blush:[/QUOTE]

That happened at times but I really don’t know how often. A member could get nights 1-4 not 5 and then book 6-8. You could waitlist the missing night and hope it came through but it didn’t always happen. You would then book that night on cash or move to another resort or room type for that night or change your whole trip.

I think having members book a day at a time made it fair for everyone. Everyone had a equal chance of booking a room each day. The people checking in before me didn’t get to book any days sooner than I did. It’s kind of like the 180 ADR policy. The people who check in on Sunday have several days on me if I don’t check in until Thursday. They had first crack at ADRs and may have taken one I wanted.

[QUOTE=Dopey;855069]I don’t get why you had to reserve one day at a time. How does that make sense? what if the second night wasn’t available at that resort, did they expect everyone to pack up and move?

Explain, please :blush:[/QUOTE]

As DT said, that is exactly what would (and did) happen to us. If it had been for ourselves I wouldn’t have minded so much, but we were booking for people who had bought our points and I was a wreck worrying that I wouldn’t get the full week. Fortunately, it all worked out.

I never could understand it. No person calling a resort to book a room at the GF would have to go through it. To my way of thinking, DVC is exactly the same. I’m just glad they changed it.