DVC: new system enhancements take place in Spring (Yay!)

Some of these are GREAT & just what I was hoping for (maybe they did listen to some people’s complaints or suggestions)!!! YaY, for no more multiple reservation numbers to worry about when you book split stays & YAY for being able to pay for the dining plan in advance! Also, YAY, for instant e-mail confirmation of DVC bookings!

Took these from the DVC site’s “news” section:

Here’s a look at some of the changes Members will experience when the enhanced systems are in place:

•Member Services will begin e-mailing reservation confirmations to Members and other Guests in those Members’ traveling parties.

•Members will begin creating simplified “travel plans” that combine all accommodations for their trip. Gone will be the days of booking separate reservations for every room and resort included in the trip. No more juggling multiple confirmation or cancellation numbers. Instead, a single travel plan and confirmation number will represent the entire trip, regardless of the number of rooms and resorts included. Members will no longer need to link separate reservations, as they’ll be included in one travel plan.

•When booking multiple, consecutive accommodations on a travel plan, Members will be able to book advanced dining reservations as many as 180 days prior to the check-in date of the first accommodation for the length of stay (up to 10 days) of the entire travel plan.

•Members who prefer to pay for their Disney Dining Plan prior to arrival will be able to do so through Member Services when booking their reservation. Members who don’t wish to pay in advance will still have the option of adding their Disney Dining Plan to their reservation as many as 48 hours prior to arrival and paying for the plan just prior to the start of their vacation.

•When booking cash reservations, Members will pay a deposit of one night room plus tax at the time of booking.

A lot of people have been asking for this too, for years now!

Future plans call for further enhancements, including the ability to reserve Disney Vacation Club Resort accommodations online.

These are great changes to come!

So if I have 3 separate reservations for April 27-May 9, with 3 separate DDP to pay for, will this affect me? I mean will they lump them all together and let me pay for everything in advance? Does that mean my dining credits will be for the length of stay? As of right now I have 1 day, then 5 days, then 5 more days. I have to make sure to use all my DDP credits before I switch resorts or I lose them. This would be great if I could have all my credits available to me for the entire 12 days…

Great news! but I’m still reeling from finding out I need more points… LOL

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;1014251]A lot of people have been asking for this too, for years now!

Future plans call for further enhancements, including the ability to reserve Disney Vacation Club Resort accommodations online.[/QUOTE]

This is the best one.

Holding breath.

Turning BLUE… :eek:

DVC reservations charging bravely into the 20th century. :laugh:

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1014288]Holding breath.

Turning BLUE… :eek:

DVC reservations charging bravely into the 20th century. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I KNOW!!! Lightspeed aheeeeeeead! :laugh:

while I think it would be cool to be able to make my own reservation online, I can’t help but think that will put people out of a job

I thought I booked our last trip on line.
huh.

What is IN this coffee?

I am really hoping it’s just enhancements, not replacements. Presumably all those internet booking have to be processed by someone, right? Not to mention that now there will have to be technical assistance CMs at Member Services too, hopefully.