DVC online survey regarding Perks

Did anybody else get the email about the online survey regading DVC perks? I took the survey yesterday.

Some of the interesting possibilities included:

Tiered recognition that provides increasing perks based on the number of points you own or refer - the more you own or refer, the more perks you receive

“Coupon book” with vouchers for free popcorn and beverages to redeem in the Disney Theme Parks

Ability to reserve (for a fee) a one-night stay in the Cinderella Castle Suite at the Magic Kingdom® or the Disney Dream Suite at Disneyland® Park, based on availability

Access to a personal vacation planner (an individual who serves as the single point of contact for reservations, information, etc.)

I didn’t get the survey, but I’m all about the one night stay at the castle. My only hope is that they keep in mind Walt’s goal to make it possible for anyone, regardless of wealth. They need to keep that “fee” in check.

And that could change my entire outlook on belonging to DVC…I may have to think about joining if this were to become a reality.

Me Too!! :wub:

I actually think that castle idea has “disaster” written all over it. It sounds absolutely wonderful… but there are only so many days in a year, and many, many many times that many DVC members.

i wonder if it does come true, if the’ll will give perks on referrals from the past. we have referred about 10 families - that would be cool…

I have to check my email. I love perks.

I haven’t seen the survey yet. I have never liked the perks based on a person giving referrels that become members. It sounds like a tier system. I have to agree the castle idea sounds like a huge *diaster waiting to happen."

The perks that might work, the coupon book. Most people buy something to drink at the parks. If it worked for bottled water we would use it.

The personal vacation planner would work for some people, especially somebody who is new at using DVC. My husband has been doing ours for so long that he has his WDW vacation skills so no planner would be needed.

The tiered system, I don’t like that at all. If you own points I believe all members should be treated the same, some people just can’t afford to buy more points. We have 800 points but for perks I don’t think we should get more than somebody who has 160 points.

I did like the the AP discount for WDW property stores. Now that is a perk I wish DVC had for members. The more one attends the parks the less money they spend at the stores but if offered a discount they might start buying. I know it worked for our family.

Kathy

I got it and BOMBED the free popcorn.

I also hit them with the way perks quietly disappear (like valet parking.)

Deb Wills from AllEarsNet wrote about this survey in this week’s newsletter:

… from AllEars® Editor-in-Chief Deb Wills: I recently received a survey from the Disney Vacation Club regarding Member Perks. The survey had a series of screens, each with five possible Member Perks. You were to select your Most and Least Desirable perk and leave the others blank. Some of the more interesting options included: free D23 membership, discounts on multi-day theme park passes (not just Annual Passes), access to special VIP paid experiences, and, the most fascinating one: ability to reserve (for a fee) a one-night stay in the Cinderella Castle Suite at the Magic Kingdom or the Disney Dream Suite at Disneyland Park, based on availability.

The Castle Dream Suite sounds cool, of course, but if you think more into it… it’s not really a reality.

There’s only one dream suite. How many DVC members are there? That suite would be nearly impossible to reserve!!!

I think the discounts on multi-day theme park passes sound good. And the coupon book sounds like a good idea.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1034787]The Castle Dream Suite sounds cool, of course, but if you think more into it… it’s not really a reality.

There’s only one dream suite. How many DVC members are there? That suite would be nearly impossible to reserve!!!
[/QUOTE]

I’m assuming a stay in the Castle Dream Suite would be very, very expensive - out of reach for many DVC members.

I mean, they could charge $5,000 a night and probably have it completely booked all year. Who’s to say how high they would go on the room rate for the Castle Dream Suite?

I didn’t get the survey…hmmm…maybe because I am a Disney CM. :happy:

i got the link this morning. the part that they asked what i would like to see, i commented on some sort of promotional discounts for dvc members that are comparable to what the general public gets…after all - fair is fair…i know they can’t give room discounts, but reduced dining would be nice…and why did the keep asking about annual passes @ disneyland?