DVC Packing

I am attempting to pack for our trip today and I am wondering if there is anything I should bring for our stay that I wouldn’t normally bring?

A friend suggested laundry soap which I already have. Anything else? Also, is there a real coffee maker or a typical tiny hotel one? I definitely want to bring coffee and filters.

Studio or 1-2 BR unit. That will decide how much and what type of kitchen stuff you have.

Here are the lists for the units:

Studio
Disney Vacation Club Studio Villa Amenity List

1-2 BR
Disney Vacation Club 1 and 2 Bedroom Villa Amenity List

You will see that the Studio used some paper and plastic supplies. We’ve never stayed in a studio, only the 1-2BR units, so I don’t know about resupply each day. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Thanks for the links. We will be in a one bedroom at AKV.

The one thing we love about having a W/D at our disposal is being able to dry/fluff the towels as we go out the door in the morning. We also throw in the clothes and bathing suits from the day before and switch them to the dryer when we get back. Cuts the clothes packing in half. And you don’t have a pile of dirty laundry to deal with when you get back. Some people say the all in one soap/dryer sheet packets aer the way to go. We’ve never tried them. We just bring our ouwn small bottle of liquid soap and dryer sheets in a plastic bag. I hate powdered soap.

I have to say this again. If I would put amenities like paper plates, plastic forks, etc. in my cottages, the guests would have a good laugh and a review or two online and I’d never see them again :dry:

Fully agree. I’m amazed they are getting away with it. We’ve never stayed in a studio, so I’ve escaped the paper/plastic issue.

We stay in a studio all the time. I guess it doesn’t bother me because we always get the Deluxe Dining Plan, so we never use any of the kitchen items. I don’t even think we’ve used the coffee maker when we go. But now that I’m thinking about it, it does seem pretty tacky.

I’m not sure of the reason why they switched to paper for the studios, but would definitely like to vote for switching it back (anyone official listening out there?) I don’t like microwaving my oatmeal in the paper bowl because there is some kind of wax coating on that, and I always worry about chemicals getting mixed in with my food.

Also, wanted to let you know that the all in one sheets for laundry detergent and softner work great. I just throw a handful in a ziplock bag. Doesn’t take up any space in the luggage.

I wonder if it is because of theft/breakage? Too bad though.

But wouldn’t that happen in the larger units too?

My guess would be you get what you pay for. Like in Values vs Mods vs Deluxe, the more you pay for the better the amenities. Call it Tiers of Luxury :laugh:

That’s not the point. We get the Deluxe plan as well. I find it unacceptable. even at picnics I don’t eat off paper plates at home. And they count the plates? 4 plates, 4 forks, 4 knives. C’mon. those rooms are not cheap…

Restaurant dishes cost pennies!

Me. Pack me.

I hate paper plates - it is extremely tacky. Marriott’s have china - are you listening Disney? Maybe because there is no dishwasher in a studio and people were piling up dirty dishes?

As for what to bring - salt and pepper. Other than that, the suites are very well equipped.

[QUOTE=llama;1108722]I hate paper plates - it is extremely tacky. Marriott’s have china - are you listening Disney? Maybe because there is no dishwasher in a studio and people were piling up dirty dishes?

That’s a good point!