DVC, please stop sending Aulani mailers!

I am starting to feel my resolve breaking down. It’s getting too hard to resist! It seems like every time I open the mailbox, there is a new package waiting for me, and it is getting harder and harder to pass up on Aulani…

I agree!!! We just got ANOTHER one yesterday. Still $114/point (at a discount from $120) is a bit high for us. We are spoiled we got our Boardwalk points for $64/point in 2000!! WORTH EVERY PENNY!

I would love some Aulani points though! Looks SPECTACULAR!

I am dying to become a vacation club member. I am in school so I don’t have the financial means but I am trying VERY hard to get my folks to buy one. They think it’s Too expensive and not worth it.

That first balloon payment is a heart-stopper. But then it is FABULOUS! And there is nothing like checking out with no bill to pay!

DVC the best purchase I ever made

I must be the only one with no interest for Hawaii. I just can’t see myself going there. But if I ever want to go, I’ll rent points from you guys. :laugh:

yes I agree,but buying into aulani would not be my thing …why because hawaii would be a evry 3 years type of place …and if I really wanted to go I would just rent points…I would rather buy in to other WDW resorts but that is just me

I would rather buy more points at my home resort in WDW, than buy points in Hawaii. I just don’t think my family would use that resort as much as we do WDW.

I just have the feeling that if you don’t own there, you’ll never get a room because you can’t book 11 months out… Probably a lot of West Coast people will be buying it, since it pretty easy for them to get to Hawaii.

I’m the other one.

Although HI is beautiful and the location on Oahu’s southwest coast has beautiful sunsets, I just don’t see doing the 13.5 hour trip out there that many times. Just didn’t care that much for Oahu - big city, lots of high rises, and all of the warnings about not leaving ANYTHING in your car was a real turn off. Granted, we didn’t see the north side of the island but there are other islands that would have been my first pick.

Aulani has an easy to get to location with lots of flights in to HNL and only a short drive but when you get there it’s nice highend high rise hotels/timeshares along the beach. Much nicer that Wikki but not the Poly feel.

Kauai or Maui for me on the next trip to HI. Maybe a day or two at Auani as a stop over but that’s it.

I will go ,but not that often…no reason to buyin at that DVC…for others I am sure it is god send

I agree… i would love to own here…

I have ZERO interest in owning DVC in Hawaii. I wish they’d stop sending the mailings too, for some reason they’re annoying me. haha.

I really want it badly, but I know that because we live so far eat, we’d get there once in a lifetime.

I just got back from a tour of Aulani and it is an amazing resort. We love WDW but our Hawaiian vacations are so much more enjoyable and relaxing. There is nothing like it. They are doing a great job with the resort and more to do there than any other Disney resort I have seen. I have no interest in purchasing DVC but I will stay there. They really don’t need much interest in purchasing from East Coast guests because West cost and Japan have purchased much of it already.

We also went and got to see the Black Pearl. They were going to sink it in the lagoon so it stuck half out of the water but the Marriott would not let them.

[QUOTE=Tikiman;1076214]I just got back from a tour of Aulani and it is an amazing resort. We love WDW but our Hawaiian vacations are so much more enjoyable and relaxing. There is nothing like it. They are doing a great job with the resort and more to do there than any other Disney resort I have seen. I have no interest in purchasing DVC but I will stay there. They really don’t need much interest in purchasing from East Coast guests because West cost and Japan have purchased much of it already.

We also went and got to see the Black Pearl. They were going to sink it in the lagoon so it stuck half out of the water but the Marriott would not let them.[/QUOTE]

Would love to see pics, if you have any!!! :happy:

I agree! We looked into Aulani, but with airfare and other expenses considered, we decided not to get points there. We definitely wouldn’t use them as often as our other points.

I only put a few in my news article but I will be writing a full report and putting all the photos along with some that the resort is sending me.

Back from Aulani and updates - TikimanPages - The Unofficial Polynesian Resort Pages

We are thinking about going to Aulani for our 10th anniversay (June 2012)… We have enough DVC points to spend a week there, just having a funny feelling that since its not our home resort we can book until 7months out that we may not be able to get the dates… Humm… We dont want to buy into Aulani either cause other than this trip if it works out we prob wouldnt be going back… :frowning: