DVC question for all you smart people

I’ve been thinking, concerning BLT for people who have use yrs that start after the opening, why do we need to pay dues for those months until we hit our use yr? Am I wrong thinking we are paying $3 whatever a point for whatever months for points we don’t have. I know you can borrow, but that’s not the same. Are there people who have July use yrs and will pay almost a yr worth of dues, but have no points to use? When we bought at SSR we joined in june with a dec use yr. We paid for 7 months of dues, but then we did get 200 points for that yr. Am I making sense to anyone?

In the past, dues have been prorated based on closing date. Not sure what they are going to do this time, and it’s not an issue for me because I’ve got August.

Sounds like a good question for MS.

I have a March UY, and I received March 2008 points. However, my annual dues don’t start until the occupancy date of my unit (August).

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;937077]In the past, dues have been prorated based on closing date. Not sure what they are going to do this time, and it’s not an issue for me because I’ve got August.

Sounds like a good question for MS.[/QUOTE]

Of course the special people have it timed juuuusssst right.:tongue:

So I’m not as dumb as I look??:laugh::laugh::blink::blink:

I was understanding that we (as in everyone) starts paying dues come Aug 4 or opening day. Am I wrong about that?

Mike, so you have already your points, that you can bank at the end of Oct (or is it Nov)?

I have a Feb use year and won’t pay any MFs until BLT opens in August.

But you do you have points now to use ( I mean once it’s open) or do you have to wait until Feb to get them.

I have points to use once it’s open…August 4th. I can use them anywhere. I already made two reservations for December.

[QUOTE=iluvwdw;937126]I have points to use once it’s open…August 4th. I can use them anywhere. I already made two reservations for December.
[/QUOTE]

But are you borrowing them from your Feb 10 use yr? Or are you using points and then in Feb you get another set of points?

I am using 2009 (current use year) points now…I get 320 more points in Feb 2010.

I have an August use year like rlcarmichael has so I’m not too concerned about it but I thought my guide told me they WERE pro-rating the dues.

Yep…I only have to pay dues from 8/4 through the end of the year. Then in 2010, I have to pay them every month until I die. :laugh:

So you are getting 320 points for 2009 (current use yr) and will only pay MF for 5 months (aug thru dec)? When did you buy your points? We only bought into BLT a few weeks ago, but I was under the impression that we only get a set of points coming on Dec 1 2009 (dec use yr) but we will have to pay MF starting in Aug. Which is why I’m confused (and getting a headache:laugh:).
Sorry for being such a pain.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;937140]So you are getting 320 points for 2009 (current use yr) and will only pay MF for 5 months (aug thru dec)? When did you buy your points? We only bought into BLT a few weeks ago, but I was under the impression that we only get a set of points coming on Dec 1 2009 (dec use yr) but we will have to pay MF starting in Aug. Which is why I’m confused (and getting a headache:laugh:).
Sorry for being such a pain.[/QUOTE]

OK, here it goes:

We bought in November…closed December 2008. We have a February use year. We aren’t able to use points until BLT opens. (I am unable to make ressies for stays at ANY DVC resort prior to BLTs opening date) We don’t have to pay MFs until BLT opens, either.

As for your situation, I’d call your guide…I understand your concern. You’re wondering WHY you have to pay MFs from Aug-Dec if you don’t get your points until Dec. Hmmmm…Definitely call your guide to ask.

[QUOTE=iluvwdw;937142]OK, here it goes:

We bought in November…closed December 2008. We have a February use year. We aren’t able to use points until BLT opens. (I am unable to make ressies for stays at ANY DVC resort prior to BLTs opening date) We don’t have to pay MFs until BLT opens, either.

As for your situation, I’d call your guide…I understand your concern. You’re wondering WHY you have to pay MFs from Aug-Dec if you don’t get your points until Dec. Hmmmm…Definitely call your guide to ask.[/QUOTE]

Thank you…I will call. At least you understand me.:laugh:

ok now I’m lost again.

Do you mind another question? Did you get any incentive when you signed? I called MS and asked why. I was told depending on the use yr, some people got incentives because they would have to pay part of the yr without getting points for that yr. To me that doesn’t sound like a “free” crusie or “free” DP.

Wishy, I understand about the pro-rating, but why would I need to pay for points that I don’t get until dec. I could see if I had to pay for one month but not 3 or 4. MS said not everyone will pay starting aug 3, some will start in sept or oct as units are ready.

Well, I got the developer points as an incentive but I think that was a general incentive for add-ons during certain dates.

ok just spoke with my guide…he said we won’t pay until dec.

I was annoyed when MS said we would have to pay because of the incentive. If I had had a choice I would have much rather paid for 5 months and gotten the yrs points, but it’s all worked out now.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;937149]ok now I’m lost again.

Do you mind another question? Did you get any incentive when you signed? I called MS and asked why. I was told depending on the use yr, some people got incentives because they would have to pay part of the yr without getting points for that yr. To me that doesn’t sound like a “free” crusie or “free” DP.

Wishy, I understand about the pro-rating, but why would I need to pay for points that I don’t get until dec. I could see if I had to pay for one month but not 3 or 4. MS said not everyone will pay starting aug 3, some will start in sept or oct as units are ready.[/QUOTE]

Jo-Jo…didn’t you get an incentive when you purchased???