DVC rental or family suite

If price were roughly the same, which would be better and why:
A one bedroom at AKV or a family suite at ASM?

Two adults, a 10 year old and a 7 year old.

If priced the same i’d go with DVC if for nothing else but the washer/dryer and themed pool. I don’t cook on vaca so that part isn’t a bonus for us.

We had a 1 bedroom and AKV kidani and it was amazing. It has two baths. The master bath is huge. We loved it.

And washer/dryer is nice too.

The kids waking up to giraffes every morning…Animal Kingdom hands down!!!

Definitely Animal Kingdom. Remember - DVC is deluxe. Although I’m sure the family suites at All-Stars are terrific, they are still value. There’s a big difference between a deluxe and a value at WDW.

You are speaking of two completely different animals (pun intended).

Art of Animation:
This is a cheaper price tag, the theme is awesome for kids, it’s centrally located on property making it very close to three of the four theme parks and DTD, they have their own dedicated bus system, the service is exceptional, two bathrooms, and a master suite.

AKV -
Deluxe resort and deluxe price tag, GORGEOUS theme and setting, more food choices, full kitchen

So, it depends on what you are looking for. Do you want economical or is price not the deciding factor? You will get the master suite at both resorts, excellent theme and service at both, you will have dedicated bus service at both. You will also pay almost double the price at AKV -there’s your deciding factor.

Personally, you can’t go wrong with either. I love both of them, but for different reasons.

At Disney like no other, you get what you pay for – AKV is extraordinary, an experience not to be duplicated anywhere else. Plus, two bathrooms is really nice. And you will be surprised at how lovey it is to have the kitchen space, even if you only use it for a few breakfasts.

I would go with the animals if you want an experience beyond just the parks. However, if you plan to be in the parks most of the time and spend little time at the resort, then I would go with whatever is cheaper.

The family suites also have two bathrooms. I also agree, with Disney, you definitely get what you pay for. That being said, you don’t need to spend a fortune to experience the magic. Art of Animation was every bit of magic as my experience at AKL, just done differently.

It does look great at AoA.

I meant that not all DVC one-bedrooms have two baths. It is a terrific feature at AKV Kidani. Some of the DVC one-bedrooms have a sort of split bathroom.

I think GC one-bedrooms also have two baths???

I’m guessing Callie08 has a someone they can rent points cheaply, cause they asked if they were about the same price which is better. If I could pay the same price, I’d defiantly go for AKV kidani.

We were just blown away at the master bath at AKV kidani. My DH walked into the bathroom and said “this is the same size of a room at all stars”. I doubt that is true, but it is huge.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1123210]I’m guessing Callie08 has a someone they can rent points cheaply, cause they asked if they were about the same price which is better. If I could pay the same price, I’d defiantly go for AKV kidani.

We were just blow away at the master bath at AKV kidani. My DH walked into the bathroom and said “this is the same size of a room at all stars”. I doubt that is true, but it is huge.[/QUOTE]

Missed that part - my apologies.

Miss disney - didn’t understand what you were saying. Must be insane today. Sorry for the confusion all.

The only drawback to renting points to stay at a DVC resort is that it’s hard to go back. It’s easy to get used to the washer/dryer, fridge, etc. Most DVC renters rent again and again, and many end up buying at least a little piece of the magic and become DVC members.