DVC Rental Store

Hey guys! I’m back again lol. Quick question! Has anyone used thedvcrentalstore.com to rent points? It seems to be the cheapest way to go. I’m just confused bc he said that he has to add the dining onto the reservation, but I have to get the tickets to the park. I always thought you couldn’t get the dining plan with out the onsite reservation and the tickets. I would assume id make the res thru Paul (guy from site) for the room and the dining, then call myself to add on the park tickets and then make payments as usual??

Ok maybe it wasn’t such a quick question lol

I booked through David David’s Disney Vacation Club Point Rentals and I must say, the site that you are talking about didn’t look right to me. He had huge typos on his page and when I told him that he misspelled Disney in several spots, he thanked me and never changed it. Not good business. Here’s that page and it’s still wrong.
The DVC Rental Store - Disney_Dining_Plan_2012. If he can’t straighten that out, what else is he not interested in taking care of or correcting?

You don’t have to have park tickets to get the dining plan. (I am sure someone will be by shortly to correct me here)
And you don’t have to have the dining plan if you don’t want it.

You’d have to add the dining plan through Paul but you can buy the tickets anywhere you want to.

I know when I take a regular Disney hotel room I had to get a park ticket for at least one day to be able to get the DDP. But when you own/rent DVC you can get the DDP without purchasing tickets, I think it’s a perk, or they assume people who own /rent DVC have AP’s.

The reason I want to do the dvc rental store is the fact they don’t require a down payment to look for reservations. I also don’t think a spelling error is a big deal. I have read websites for magazines that have spelling errors. It happens sometimes. Ill check out the other site as well tho.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1105859]I booked through David David’s Disney Vacation Club Point Rentals and I must say, the site that you are talking about didn’t look right to me. He had huge typos on his page and when I told him that he misspelled Disney in several spots, he thanked me and never changed it. Not good business. Here’s that page and it’s still wrong.
The DVC Rental Store - Disney_Dining_Plan_2012. If he can’t straighten that out, what else is he not interested in taking care of or correcting?

You don’t have to have park tickets to get the dining plan. (I am sure someone will be by shortly to correct me here)

You’d have to add the dining plan through Paul but you can buy the tickets anywhere you want to.[/QUOTE]

Here’s that correction, Dopey. You have to purchase at least a 1-day ticket to get the dp.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1105859]I booked through David David’s Disney Vacation Club Point Rentals and I must say, the site that you are talking about didn’t look right to me. He had huge typos on his page and when I told him that he misspelled Disney in several spots, he thanked me and never changed it. Not good business. Here’s that page and it’s still wrong.

You’d have to add the dining plan through Paul but you can buy the tickets anywhere you want to.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you Iris. I couldn’t trust someone with that many errors on his website and not even try to correct them. Not very professional. We too went with David and it was a great experience. Nice to have it all paid off.

Being able to purchase the dining plan without tickets is a DVC perk. So, if you want to save money, purchase your tickets through Undercover Tourist (sign up for Mousesavers newsletter. On the 15th of each month you’ll get the newsletter, and there is a link to Undercover Tourist that has the deepest discounts they offer.) They don’t charge for taxes and delivery. My last tickets I bought there, I saved $32 per person.

nope, I didn’t have to do that.

And for DisneyFan, the down payment is the equivalent of one point. If they can find a place that you can agree to, they will pro rate that payment. If they cannot make you happy, they return the money.

As for the typo, they were made aware of that typo weeks ago and still don’t care to change Dinsey to Disney. OK. Not my kind of business…

Thank you, Toots :happy:

[QUOTE=DisneyFan722;1105857] I would assume id make the res thru Paul (guy from site) for the room and the dining, then call myself to add on the park tickets and then make payments as usual??

Ok maybe it wasn’t such a quick question lol[/QUOTE]

You would not be making any payments directly to Disney (unless you choose to buy your tickets from them). All payments you make would be made to Paul and the DVC Rental store. Since the reservation is technically not ‘yours’ you can’t call Disney and change it in any way. Everything goes through the member. I agree that renting is the way to go. Good luck and let us know how it works out!

I couldn’t agree more. Its not the fact that they are there that bothers me so much; but the fact that they are not being corrected.

Thanks for the tip

[QUOTE=Dopey;1105859]the site that you are talking about didn’t look right to me. He had huge typos on his page and when I told him that he misspelled Disney in several spots, he thanked me and never changed it. Not good business. Here’s that page and it’s still wrong.

[/QUOTE]

I think you know how far that would get with me… :ninja:

:cool::cool::cool:

Alright, I have to step in and defend DVCRentalStore. Last year we really wanted to go to Bay Lake Tower and checked with David and DVCRentalStore both. David didn’t find anything, but Paul put in a TON of time to get us points for the exact room we wanted, at least 15 emails back and forth. We even drove him nuts several times after we got just what we wanted and got modifications done to our reservations. About 2 months before we left we got with him and he added Deluxe Dining. Every single time I wrote him, he was immediately responsive, friendly, and more than helpful, making suggestions when he could. We had such a good experience, we have been bugging him to find us a VWL room for October of this year.

We asked both David’s site and Paul’s site both for room availability for our first points rental experience, and at first it came down to price, but inevitably, we have not had a single issue with the service we got from Paul. He has been amazing, and we have recommended him to all our friends without hesitation. To be honest, we were very nervous about renting points for the first time, but he truly did make it a great experience.

So, I hope you guys give him a chance. My friend Victor is using him this June and raves over him too. I will use him over and over, even if he wasn’t cheaper, he is Disney quality service all the way.

By the way, we got our tickets from Undercover Tourist last year and Deluxe Dining through DVC Rental Store like I said before. Renting points is the way to go. Our whole trip was literally half of what it would have been getting the same package directly from Disney. And to be honest, we reallllllly loved the “Welcome Home” whenever we saw someone in the lobby at the DVC resort.

Forget the spelling errors, submit a request on his page for info on a room, then decide for yourself if you don’t get great service. We have had nothing but the best.

Good luck!

[QUOTE=cjtownman;1105935]Alright, I have to step in and defend DVCRentalStore. Last year we really wanted to go to Bay Lake Tower and checked with David and DVCRentalStore both. David didn’t find anything, but Paul put in a TON of time to get us points for the exact room we wanted, at least 15 emails back and forth. We even drove him nuts several times after we got just what we wanted and got modifications done to our reservations. About 2 months before we left we got with him and he added Deluxe Dining. Every single time I wrote him, he was immediately responsive, friendly, and more than helpful, making suggestions when he could. We had such a good experience, we have been bugging him to find us a VWL room for October of this year.

We asked both David’s site and Paul’s site both for room availability for our first points rental experience, and at first it came down to price, but inevitably, we have not had a single issue with the service we got from Paul. He has been amazing, and we have recommended him to all our friends without hesitation. To be honest, we were very nervous about renting points for the first time, but he truly did make it a great experience.

So, I hope you guys give him a chance. My friend Victor is using him this June and raves over him too. I will use him over and over, even if he wasn’t cheaper, he is Disney quality service all the way.

By the way, we got our tickets from Undercover Tourist last year and Deluxe Dining through DVC Rental Store like I said before. Renting points is the way to go. Our whole trip was literally half of what it would have been getting the same package directly from Disney. And to be honest, we reallllllly loved the “Welcome Home” whenever we saw someone in the lobby at the DVC resort.

Forget the spelling errors, submit a request on his page for info on a room, then decide for yourself if you don’t get great service. We have had nothing but the best.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

That sounds very good.
I should update you guys on this. I got an email today from Paul. I assume you, cjtownman, told him of what I said. He apologized to me.
I guess everyone deserves another chance.

I didn’t fill him in. I think he is on here quite a bit too. I know he had seen it but Idid tell him I replied. He really is great. David’s site is great too but we have had zero issues with Paul. He does deserve a chance. We have never had issues with inquiries with David either but we went with cheaper and got great service.

I stand corrected. Sorry for the misinformation.

Paul emailed me as well about the post. He actually seems pretty swell. Here’s hoping I get vacation time when I want it! Will def go thru dvcrentalstore!

I would really like to try this next trip. It sounds like a good way to go and would be a whole new experience for my gang!

Too bad I still have a couple more years to wait, sigh…