DVC Rentals

OK - Questions Galore that I am sure I myself have asked before.

1. Can my 5 fit a into a studio comfortably and “legally” - this includes me, the wife, 10 yr old son, 7 yr old son, and 3 yr old girl?

2. If I do All-Star for the weekend and DVC Rental during the week will resorts transfer my luggage?

3. If I do the transfer, how do I handle tickets and DDP? Will I basically be booking 2 different vacations?

4. I LOVE EPCOT and we LOVE HS and want to spend a little more time in each…which Boardwalk DVC do you recommend?

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1080629]OK - Questions Galore that I am sure I myself have asked before.

1. Can my 5 fit a into a studio comfortably and “legally” - this includes me, the wife, 10 yr old son, 7 yr old son, and 3 yr old girl?

2. If I do All-Star for the weekend and DVC Rental during the week will resorts transfer my luggage?

3. If I do the transfer, how do I handle tickets and DDP? Will I basically be booking 2 different vacations?

4. I LOVE EPCOT and we LOVE HS and want to spend a little more time in each…which Boardwalk DVC do you recommend?[/QUOTE]

1. I don’t think you would be comfortable.
    2/3) I don’t know.
  2. I would recommend the Beach Club, the pool is awesome - the children will love it.

1. I don’t think you would be comfortable

What about a 1 bedroom - It says 4 people but just don’t know the rules.

DVC won’t allow 5 in a studio and I truly don’t think you would fit. I believe you can legally book 5 in some or all one bedrooms. They will not provide any extra bedding for the extra person.

Disney will move your luggage, we do this almost every trip and it’s easy and painless. You would have two reservations with two different dining plans but you could do one long ticket for your whole trip.

We love Beach Club for so many reasons so I would have to suggest that resort if you want to be in that area.

I know it might be a stretch, and the cost of going to a 2br unit can be overwhelming, but we found after the first time we ‘bit the bullet’ it was the only way to go w/ 3 kids (actually teenagers at that point). We could retire the tired ones to a seperate room for a recharge, and we could still sit in the LR and relax.

You could also do 2 single rooms which is also nice with the 2 bathrooms when it is time to get out the door. But the 2BR unit had the advantage that every breakfast was done in the unit along with most lunches during a mid day break. That savings alone made up for the cost differential of 2BR unit vs a 1BR unit.

There is also the option of Wyndham Bonnet Creek, right next to CBR, which we have stayed at 3 times. Each stay has been great. I can usually get a 2BR unit for under $100 a night. Email me if you want more info and all of the pro’s and con’s of WBC.

Look at the numbers and give it your best shot based on the budget.

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1080634]1) I don’t think you would be comfortable

What about a 1 bedroom - It says 4 people but just don’t know the rules.[/QUOTE]

If you had one of the refurbed one-bedrooms at OKW you’d have plenty of room - they do sleep 5 now. King bed in bedroom, queen pull-out sofa and a large chair that folds into a twin in the living room. OKW is much bigger than the rest of the DVC properties.

Yes - they will transfer your luggage. You use to be able to just leave it in your room and go; now you must wait for bell services to pick it up, so be sure to call them early in the morning, so you won’t be hanging around. We usually tip $1 per bag.

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1080634]1) I don’t think you would be comfortable

What about a 1 bedroom - It says 4 people but just don’t know the rules.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think you would fit: it is my feeling the kitchen area will provide more manuvering room for the group. The 5th wheel could be aan issue. We only had 4 (DW & I and the 2 boys - the girls get their own room). We tried the studio once.

Once.

Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West, and Animal Kingdom can sleep 5 in a one-bedroom. There are no studios that accommodate five.
Yes, they will transfer your luggage. Unless your stay at All Star is a package deal where you had to purchase tickets, you can buy your tickets from Undercover Tourist at a discounted price.
When you rent points, I think the rentee (DVC member) would have to add the DDP to the reservation, because Member Services will only deal with the member.

[QUOTE=M5ward;1080647]Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West, and Animal Kingdom can sleep 5 in a one-bedroom. There are no studios that accommodate five.
Yes, they will transfer your luggage. Unless your stay at All Star is a package deal where you had to purchase tickets, you can buy your tickets from Undercover Tourist at a discounted price.
When you rent points, I think the rentee (DVC member) would have to add the DDP to the reservation, because Member Services will only deal with the member.[/QUOTE]

K - the Undercover Tourist thingy - can I get Parkhoppers (VERY IMPORTANT). Also good to know about the DDP - will throw my timing off a little on paying. I would assume EVERYTHING would be upfront renting points and DDP if it was at Rentee expense.

Yes, you can purchase parkhoppers through Undercover Tourist. For best deal, sign up to Mousesaver.com newsletter that gets sent out on the 15th of each month. There is a link there with UT, with the best discounts. Also, UT does not charge tax, so you will have a savings there also.

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1080629]OK - Questions Galore that I am sure I myself have asked before.

4. I LOVE EPCOT and we LOVE HS and want to spend a little more time in each…which Boardwalk DVC do you recommend?[/QUOTE]

5. No at most. A queen and a sofa bed. 4 is limit other than infant in pack and play in room. 1 br sleep the same (king and sofa bed) with exception of those that have a single sleeper chair (think twin pull out mini sofa bed.) You can put more people in the room, but they won’t be able to have keys, and no DDP.

6. Yes.

7. DDP on first part would expire midnight of check out at first location.

8. Either is great.

You don’t have to put your park passes on the room key, but the DDP is linked to your reservation. DVC DDP is paid when the reservation is made (new stupid rule this year) so you just add it a couple of weeks before your trip. The DVC point rental is usually paid in full when reserved, but that is between you and whoever you rent from. Some are non refundable, but most are refundable with some restrictions. Get it in writing.

The one bedroom at OKW is 942 square feet. The one bedrooms at the other DVC are an average of 714 sq. feet. Personally, I think you’d be comfortable at OKW. I don’t know about the other properties that sleep 5. Of course, the upside is that OKW is the least expensive of the DVC properties, so you’re getting more for less.

Depending on what time of year you are going, I would suggest renting from a rentor that has points in the specific DVC resort you want. If not, they could put you on a wait list that is not guaranteed.

We are renting from someone who has points in SSR and on a wait list for BVC or BWV with no luck. He has checked several times. I am ok with SSR so no big deal.

Run the numbers Disney package at a deluxe vs. renting DVC. The DVC, most rentors want a good portion upfront and the balance in so many days. A package you know the deal.

Also, the deluxe rooms fit 5 comfortably. Usually 2 queens and a day bed. My 14 yo fit with plenty of room to spare. The rooms are very roomy too.

If you are going to try UT for your tickets - check quickly, they were selling at the non- increased price until they run out of their supply.