DVC Room Question

I was just reading reviews on AllEarsNet.com and was wondering somethings about the rooms. Once we check out do we need to sweep,make beds.clean out things or will housekeeping? Just wanted to know what to do since this is our first stay as DVC, Also I will be checking in and out of SSR 3 times while there because I wanted to have a feel for all the type size rooms plus since booking and purchase DVC so late its all they had. Now…will they keep our stuff if our new room isn’t ready? Thanks!

You do not have to clean your room when checking out, mousekeeping will do all the usual stuff. Bell service will hold your bags. Your tips will add up since you’re moving so many times but it’s worth it.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;916214]You do not have to clean your room when checking out, mousekeeping will do all the usual stuff. Bell service will hold your bags. Your tips will add up since you’re moving so many times but it’s worth it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info! I do plan on straighting up but not cleaning toilets :laugh: since I never left the bags before do I tip when I drop off and pick up? What’s a good tip for bell service?

I always just load the dish washer and run it that way all of the dishes we used will be cleaned and dry by the time mousekeeping gets in.

Bell service - a buck or two per bag for each time them move them is what I usually do.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;916234]I always just load the dish washer and run it that way all of the dishes we used will be cleaned and dry by the time mousekeeping gets in.

Bell service - a buck or two per bag for each time them move them is what I usually do.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for that info! I have the DDP so I won’t be needing the dish washer. I actually have never used one in my life :laugh: I would hate to break theirs

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;916234]I always just load the dish washer and run it that way all of the dishes we used will be cleaned and dry by the time mousekeeping gets in.

Bell service - a buck or two per bag for each time them move them is what I usually do.[/QUOTE]

We also load and start the dishwasher and start it. We throw the towels in the tub and clean up a little just like a normal hotel room.

We also tip a dollar or two per bag each time someone handles our bags.

Can I call bell services to come pick up the bags and take them to the front desk? Will they give my mom a eide to the front desk if its a long walk? Just wanted to know how it works since I have never used bell services

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;916238]We also load and start the dishwasher and start it. We throw the towels in the tub and clean up a little just like a normal hotel room.

We also tip a dollar or two per bag each time someone handles our bags.[/QUOTE]
Should I wash the towels and have them ready?

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;916240]Should I wash the towels and have them ready?[/QUOTE]

No need to do that, they have clean towels in the cart to restock the room. We just get them all together so they aren’t hanging all over the bathroom.

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;916239]Can I call bell services to come pick up the bags and take them to the front desk? Will they give my mom a eide to the front desk if its a long walk? Just wanted to know how it works since I have never used bell services[/QUOTE]

Yes, you will need to call to have someone come get your bags. The one time we stayed at SSR we were offered a ride to our room in the same cart our bags were in. Make sure you ask about a ride when you call to have your bags picked up.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the tips! I can’t wait to finally stay at a deluxe and use the DVC. I can’t believe its almost here.