DVC Rumors

I just found this on Mouseowners. They are rumors (remember that)! However, the Price per Point for BLT is stunning is true.

:frowning: DISAPPOINTING BLT RUMORS from DEEP CROAKER :frowning: - The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World

Wow. That is pricey! Glad I don’t have to make a decision about it!

Tink,

I just PM’d you…could you send me your DVC “story?” I think we’re going later today to take a look!

Thanks

I’m glad we’re already members and not looking to own at the new resort.

LOL… “Project Crystal”

We would love to own there but $140+ is insane!

That’s just crazy. I could never justify it at that price for sure.

Sadly there are many in our world who would pay much more than that for the exclusivity of that location and DVC- Not in my lifetime however

Even if it were the same price as the current resorts I still wouldn’t buy there. I like the location but the theme does nothing for me. Maybe when the building is finished it will look better but right nowI just don’t like the look. I’m still happy with my BCV choice.

I would love it…but not in the budget…what’s the price at SSR going for? I wonder if you’ll be able to request there at 7 months like the other places.

Sure, any DVC member will be able to book there at 7 months is there are rooms left. I have a feeling the first few years are going to be tough but it may get a bit easier to book there at 7 months after that.

My thoughts exactly!

Nothing wrong in charging what the market will bear, nothing wrong with people buying what they want and can afford! I don’t see anything sad about it.

Except sad for me, since I can’t afford it! But I feel that way about all of DVC. :laugh:

[QUOTE=Andrea;881933]Nothing wrong in charging what the market will bear, nothing wrong with people buying what they want and can afford! I don’t see anything sad about it.

Except sad for me, since I can’t afford it! But I feel that way about all of DVC. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Very good point. If you want it and can afford it there’s nothing wrong with buying it. We don’t want it so we don’t have to worry about the cost. (That price would keep us from buying is so I’m glad we’re happy with Beach Club Villas because it’s our home for the next 30+ years.)

They just filed condo papers. The rates per night are slightly higher that other DVC locations which reflects the location.

I REALLY think they’d have a heck of a time selling that much of a price jump, ESPECIALLY in the current economy. If sales were that great they wouldn’t be offering incentives at all.

I would probably bet my current DVC membership that when the Contemporary Tower opens it is NOT going to be $140. per point, that’s absolutely ridiculous. totally. That would be $22,400. for a 160 point package compared to what you can currently buy a 160 point package at AK Villas; which is give or take about $12-$16,000 depending on if you get a promotion or not. I think someone overheard a rumor about a week being 140 points or something when it opens and turned that into “it’s going to cost $140. per point.” Who knows, but that is a HUGE jump.

PS: I read some of the replies that were attached to that link & I have to agree with everyone who said 2 things…

• perhaps they are “rumoring” the point cost at $140 so that when it actually debuts at $110-$115 we’ll feel ‘lucky’ and buy.

• perhaps they are rumoring the ‘price per point cost’ HIGH so that AKV starts selling faster, it those ‘rumors’ are true it sounds like sales quotas have not been met and this would be a good way to get AKV moving. PS: when I called to get more info about that current offer ending on the 20th I was told AKV is only about 40% sold.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;882110]PS: I read some of the replies that were attached to that link & I have to agree with everyone who said 2 things…

• perhaps they are “rumoring” the point cost at $140 so that when it actually debuts at $110-$115 we’ll feel ‘lucky’ and buy.

• perhaps they are rumoring the ‘price per point cost’ HIGH so that AKV starts selling faster, it those ‘rumors’ are true it sounds like sales quotas have not been met and this would be a good way to get AKV moving. PS: when I called to get more info about that current offer ending on the 20th I was told AKV is only about 40% sold.[/QUOTE]

Could be true! They are crafty folk (got us all to join)!:eek: