DVC site

I suddenly can’t log on to the DVC website. I called today and a VERY nice CM suggested I clear my cookies and history and try again. I really didn’t have a lot of hope of that working because I had tried logging in from 3 different computers and couldn’t log in from any of them. When I put my user name and password in I get sent back to the log in page to try again. I’m getting frustrated and don’t know what to do from here. I know I have all the right information so requesting my password and user name seems pointless.

Any ideas since calling DVC didn’t help?

I would call them back to tell them you need tech help. They have had a lot of problems with that website. I doubt you’re the first one.

I just logged on, no problem. Are you working from AOL? Sometimes it gets hung up. Try it from Internet Explorer instead of AOL.

I’m not using AOL. I’ve tried IE and Firefox from 3 of our computers and had no luck. It’s like my account doesn’t exist.

You must have been very naughty…

Maybe this is one of those times to call back and hope for a more computer-savvy CM at MS?

I just checked to see if I can log in and I was able to… hope it gets figured out soon DT.

I must have been. The CM joked about paying my dues this year…

At first I thought the site was down by I talked to a friend this afternoon and she was logged in at that time so I knew it was me. I’ll try again tomorrow, I’m too frustrated to look at it again.

DT, this has happened before & it drove me nuts!! Nobody could tell me why it wasn’t working. Finally I figured out to clear all my internet temporary files & cookies and it eventually let me log back in. It was weird

I would have no idea how to do that! I wouldn’t even know that such a thing existed! :wacko:

The exact saame thing happened to me yesterday and I did what Wishuponastar said and that let me log in. doing that usually fixes all types of problems with the internet.

I’m going to try to log on tomorrow at work and see what happens. I tried on 3 of our computers at home and couldn’t log on so I’m not very hopeful but I’m going to try. After that I’ll clear our history and cookies and hope it helps.

ok, I tried from work and still couldn’t log on. That makes 4 computers I tried and I’m locked out. I cleared the cookies and history–nothing. I also tried using the “Forgot Password” and it says it can’t get it for me–there was some kind of error.

I’m starting to get mad about it because it doesn’t seem like I’m getting any help from DVC.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;940284]ok, I tried from work and still couldn’t log on. That makes 4 computers I tried and I’m locked out. I cleared the cookies and history–nothing. I also tried using the “Forgot Password” and it says it can’t get it for me–there was some kind of error.

I’m starting to get mad about it because it doesn’t seem like I’m getting any help from DVC.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, WEIRD! Did you try contacting any other number besides member services? Do they have a technical support number?

I’m going to put my DH on this tomorrow. He’s an IT guy so I think they speak the same language. It seems like my password is wrong but it HAS to be right (my computer saved it) and I’ve also tried all my passwords even tough I knew they weren’t the right ones. I know my user name is correct because the nice CM I spoke to yesterday could see that but couldn’t see or edit my password.

woah woah woah, WAIT!!! Do you think maybe they locked your account b/c too many bad password attempts!!!

But that wouldn’t explain why I couldn’t log on the first or second time using the correct information. The CM told me it all looked good and he saw no problems with what he was looking at on his end. He joked about paying our dues this year like that would lock a member out. I didn’t ask if it was true or not because we paid our dues so we were good there.

I don’t know if he was a multi-purpose CM who answers any and all calls or if he was an IT CM. He couldn’t solve my problem but he may have been the nicest CM I have ever spoken to in all the times I’ve called WDW.

Stephanie, I don’t think this is it… but several years ago I had the same problem. After dealing with Disney mutliple times, I literally stumbled on someone who knew what was going on. Seems that I had multiple ID/Passwords with Disney over many years (all areas of Disney, not just DVC); for whatever strange, unknown reason they consolidated all of my accounts under one account and somehow picked the weirdest one to use as the master.

Good luck!

Bruce

[QUOTE=brumcg;940342]Stephanie, I don’t think this is it… but several years ago I had the same problem. After dealing with Disney mutliple times, I literally stumbled on someone who knew what was going on. Seems that I had multiple ID/Passwords with Disney over many years (all areas of Disney, not just DVC); for whatever strange, unknown reason they consolidated all of my accounts under one account and somehow picked the weirdest one to use as the master.

Good luck!

Bruce[/QUOTE]

I have two different passwords with disney and every now in then I’ll accidently log in with the wrong username and password and it does this to me too.

Such a weird thing going on! I hope your DH and IT get it all straighted out tomorrow :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=brumcg;940342]Stephanie, I don’t think this is it… but several years ago I had the same problem. After dealing with Disney mutliple times, I literally stumbled on someone who knew what was going on. Seems that I had multiple ID/Passwords with Disney over many years (all areas of Disney, not just DVC); for whatever strange, unknown reason they consolidated all of my accounts under one account and somehow picked the weirdest one to use as the master.

Good luck!

Bruce[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Bruce. I am worried about that because I may have more than one account with Disney. When I joined DVC I used my current Disney account on DVC to make it easier but I’m sure there are other accounts I don’t remember.