DVC stays and "cost" ie points

Lets say I make a DVC purchase specifically for resort D that is X points/7 day visit. Will the “cost” to stay that same week at that same resort from then on be X points for that same 7 days, or will that cost rise annually??

I understand that Maintenance fees will increase annually.

Thanks.

Frank

I believe they increase and decrease throughout the years, depending on WDW’s expected “seasons” - peak, dream, magic, and value (I think?).

Also, weekend rates are more expensive than weekday rates. You probably figured that.

Maybe…

During the last few yrs, DVC has made some changes. Some weeks went up some points and some when down a some points. Also, year to year, depending on the holidays, seasons can change. For example, Thanksgiving jumps around by a week or so. So the point charts would change also.

It used to be weekends were roughly twice the points of a weekday, now the difference is not so great. But as a whole week, it’s about the same as it was before.

[QUOTE=fjs08;1070655]Lets say I make a DVC purchase specifically for resort D that is X points/7 day visit. Will the “cost” to stay that same week at that same resort from then on be X points for that same 7 days, or will that cost rise annually??

I understand that Maintenance fees will increase annually.

Thanks.

Frank[/QUOTE]

Total points for a resort cannot change. Since holidays themselves change on the calendar, there are changes to value vs. adventure season, etc.

Sometimes DVC shifts points around, for example, they have made weekdays higher and weekends lower to balance things. Again- total points cannot be changed.

Will your vacation every year use the same number of points? Not necessarily, since that depends upon the season and days you choose to travel.

What she said. The points can be changed (reallocated) but the total does not change. They can’t decide that they want to make all of Dec peak for example, without lowering the increase for those weeks somewhere else.

The last change dropped the difference between weekend nights and weeknights slightrly - but it wasn’t that big of a change. If you drop the weekend night rate 5 points x 2 we nites = 10 but divided over the that 5 week nights the increase would be 2 points.