DVC waitlist

We are looking for 10 nights at the BCV Oct 16-26. I have the 17th and 20-26. Just need 3 more nights to come available.
I’ve got my fingers crossed just hope we can get all nights at the BCV always wanted to stay there. Food and wine is making this difficult. I have my days waitlisted but I keep checking online all day long. My kids love Epcot so this would be so great for my kids not to mention the pool looks amazing.
I hope BCV is as good as I am thinking.
2nd choice is BWV 3rd choice WLV.

I can’t wait!!! So excited!!!

Wish me luck

YAY!! Hope you get it, but BWV would be a good back up plan. Do let us know!

Did you grab somewhere else in the meantime for those missing nights? I would recommend it. We wanted VWL for the week of 10/12 to 10/17. It wasn’t available, so I grabbed OKW. Now, three days opened up at VWL at the end of our stay so I switched over those nights. But, out of curiousity yesterday, I searched all resorts for the first two nights where we are staying at OKW and there is not even availability there now! Best to have something reserved, because I’m really not sure if the waitlist will come through. We haven’t had too much luck with it in the past.

I don’t have a second reservation yet. Now I am scared maybe I should. I am logging on now to look for something.

OK now I have a dilemma… I am staying Wed 10/16 - Sat 10/26
I have Thurs the 17th and Sun -Sat 10/20 -10/26.
If I book for the 4 nights before 10/16-10/20 to make sure we have somewhere to stay I will lose the Thurs night I have the 17th already booked then I will have to waitlist four nights instead of 3.

All of this is a big gamble. I never know if I will get the BCV for all the days I need and I will need to have a back up. Grrrr! I will have to talk to my husband and let you know what we decide.

On top of all of this it looks like our other choices are booked too! so much for off season October.
10/16-10/20
[ul]
[li]BCV - not available
[/li][li]BWV - not available
[/li][li]BLT - not available
[/li][li]WLV - not available
[/li][li]OKW- available
[/li][li]SSR - available
[/li][li]AKV - available
[/li][/ul]

:frowning: I don’t know where to go. I don’t want SSR because we would like to see other resorts. So that leaves OKW or AKV
PS we want a 1 bedroom any view.

Get backup ressies and waitlist the heck out of the whole stay! Magic does happen!

AKL Kidani is AMAZING. Just saying…

October is no longer a slow season. They may say it is - but it’s not. Between the Food & Wine and MNSSHP, it’s crazy busy in October.

Personally, I’d book Kidani and waitlist BCV. It’s frustrating, I know, but Kidani is great and the animals are a bonus if you don’t manage to get into BCV. I’ve got my fingers crossed for you.

[QUOTE=llama;1131720]October is no longer a slow season. They may say it is - but it’s not. Between the Food & Wine and MNSSHP, it’s crazy busy in October.

Personally, I’d book Kidani and waitlist BCV. It’s frustrating, I know, but Kidani is great and the animals are a bonus if you don’t manage to get into BCV. I’ve got my fingers crossed for you.[/QUOTE]

I am beginning to think that there isn’t any “slow” month anymore…it seems like even those who have gone in the dead of winter this year have found the parks busy. We chose our third week in August because of the value season—when crowds are low—but it sure didn’t turn out to be that way.

I bet that they will change the value season dates—or do away with them altogether perhaps?

October used to be our favorite time to go—wayyy back when DD was young enough to take her out of school for a couple of days.

I have the first four nights at BCV waitlisted with all fingers crossed.
But now I am can’t decide between OKW and AKV Kidani for my back up
My kids will be 9 and 12 and the pool is very important.

What is the difference between Jambo house and Kidani?

Kidani has the best pool in all WDW, maybe even better than YCBC. I am serious about this. It is crazy good!!!

[QUOTE=Tinkerbella;1131722]I have the first four nights at BCV waitlisted with all fingers crossed.
But now I am can’t decide between OKW and AKV Kidani for my back up
My kids will be 9 and 12 and the pool is very important.

What is the difference between Jambo house and Kidani?[/QUOTE]

There’s a lot more action going on at Jambo House. Kidani is very quiet. Personally, I’d choose Jambo. The pool at Jambo is suppose to really good.

We love OKW because the suites are so big. It’s got much more of a “village” feel. I’m no “pool connoisseur”, but I think the pool holds it’s own.

OK I think we are going to AKV. Always wanted to stay there but thought it was too far from everything. Did some research and it isn’t too far. Now I just need to decide on Kidani or Jambo. Can we use either pool no matter where we stay? Which pool is better? and are they close enough to walk to each one? Kidani one bedroom has two bathroom and that is all I can see that is different. I really like that the balcony is much bigger at AKV. It goes from the master bedroom across the living room.

I’m not a swimming person, but I didn’t think the pool was so great. They had a super splash zone area. My DGDs 3 and 7 loved the kid area.

Stay at kidani instead Jumbo if you can. Check out my TR post 34 to 37 for pictures of the room.
http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/59713-look-its-hee-haw-wings-2.html

I wouldn’t waitlist four night in one shot. I’d do one night at a time, so you have 4 AKV/6 BCV, then maybe 3 AKV/7 BCV, 2 AKV/8 BCV. Of course doing this way, you may be at AKV for only one night and then having to move again.

Yes, you can use at both. When we stayed last May, they had a van that traveled back and forth all day between jumbo and kidani. Walking is sort of subject to where your room is and what you consider long.

One drawback at kidani is no CS. There is a drink mug refill thing in the gift shop.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1131732]Yes, you can use at both. When we stayed last May, they had a van that traveled back and forth all day between jumbo and kidani. Walking is sort of subject to where your room is and what you consider long.

One drawback at kidani is no CS. There is a drink mug refill thing in the gift shop.[/QUOTE]

Good to know! Thanks!

After all of this research I am getting a little excited about checking out Kidani. I am keeping my waitlist for BCV but I booked our first four nights at AKL Kidani and I won’t be sad if we don’t get all 10 nights at BCV.
I would just keep these plans if my husband wasn’t against switching resorts. He’s ok if we have to split and likes the resorts we have reserved but he would prefer not to split the trip.
I agree but like both plans. I will let you know if our waitlist comes up.
Thanks for all the help.
:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Tinkerbella;1131745]After all of this research I am getting a little excited about checking out Kidani. I am keeping my waitlist for BCV but I booked our first four nights at AKL Kidani and I won’t be sad if we don’t get all 10 nights at BCV.
I would just keep these plans if my husband wasn’t against switching resorts. He’s ok if we have to split and likes the resorts we have reserved but he would prefer not to split the trip.
I agree but like both plans. I will let you know if our waitlist comes up.
Thanks for all the help.
:)[/QUOTE]

To be honest - I think you should just leave it like it is and have the best of both worlds. Kidani is a great resort - really peaceful. I could sit and watch the animals for hours. (of course, my dh likes to point out that even the animals are on WDW time - if it’s four o’clock it must be giraffes). You’ve got ten days - so it’s not like you’re unpacking and packing up again for a short stay - night before you move to BCV just have a blitz-packing session, no need to be tidy, you’ll just be unpacking it again. We’ve done it often - it’s really not that inconvenient at all. You leave your luggage with bell services and it’ll be there for you when you check in at BCV - and another whole new, different adventure awaits you! Seriously - I wouldn’t change.

We did it last trip. 5 days at WLV and 5 days at Treehouse Villas. I agree it wasn’t that bad and I would love to experience more DVC resorts but my husband really doesn’t want to switch resorts. Maybe I can talk him into it. We will see you never know.