DW w/out the kids

Hi All,

Thank you so much for all your responses. I definitely feel better about going and that I’m not being a “Bad Mommy”. The majority of you said go and have a blast. For the few and I mean few that said they couldn’t do it, I respect your choice. I will agree that they are growing fast but our spouses were there before them and it is because of the love we have for our spouses that lead us to having our wonderful children. I think no matter what I will carry a little guilt for those 6 days. But hey, my son is going to hawaii for 2 weeks in the summer and my daughter is going next year for her 16th b-day. Maybe that’s rationalizing but DW here I come. It should be a fabulous 40th B-day for both my DH and I (we are only 2 weeks apart).

p/s we already said we wouldn’t go to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue w/o them.

[QUOTE=hula_girl1969;955249]Hi All,

Thank you so much for all your responses. I definitely feel better about going and that I’m not being a “Bad Mommy”. The majority of you said go and have a blast. For the few and I mean few that said they couldn’t do it, I respect your choice. I will agree that they are growing fast but our spouses were there before them and it is because of the love we have for our spouses that lead us to having our wonderful children. I think no matter what I will carry a little guilt for those 6 days. But hey, my son is going to hawaii for 2 weeks in the summer and my daughter is going next year for her 16th b-day. Maybe that’s rationalizing but DW here I come. It should be a fabulous 40th B-day for both my DH and I (we are only 2 weeks apart).

p/s we already said we wouldn’t go to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue w/o them.[/QUOTE]

Funny you mention about the kids going to hawaii. I just told my DH your story and said grandma is coming from hawaii. He said send the kids to hawaii and they’ll be getting the better end of the deal.