E-Ride nights at Magic Kingdom announced for March, 2002

Walt Disney World has announced its scheduled E-Ride Nights for the month of March, 2002. Currently four nights are scheduled, and increase from one night in January and none in February:

March 11 9 - 12am
March 14 7 - 10pm
March 18 8 - 11pm
March 21 7 - 10pm

E-Ride Nights are an exclusive “private party” in the Magic Kingdom for a limited number of Walt Disney World Resort, and include many of the e-tickets rides in the Magic Kingdom open for the limited party.

I am very curious about E-Ride nights. Are these events by invitation? Is it open to the general public. Is it an charge above and beyond the daily ticket?

Any feedback you have is welcomed…

This is my 1st ever “post”. Is there certain protocol that needs to be followed?

Thanks

Originally posted by Spin
[B]I am very curious about E-Ride nights. Are these events by invitation? Is it open to the general public. Is it an charge above and beyond the daily ticket?

Any feedback you have is welcomed…

This is my 1st ever “post”. Is there certain protocol that needs to be followed?

Thanks [/B]

Perfect protocol, and nice first post.

E-ride nights are extended nights at the Magic Kingdom, where certain rides are left open after closing hours. You must purchase a ticket from any of the guest services locations. (You used to be able to buy them at the resorts, and several other places, but I beleive that has changed. I know all the resorts still cary the brochure, and you can ask them where to buy the tickets.) You can buy the tickets before the day of the event. The tickets run about $17, including tax for adults, and less for kids. The tickets are limited, so there usually aren’t any lines to the rides. They usually leave open most of the E-ticket rides, and a couple smaller rides like Buzz Lightyear and Autopia. The only time I was able to go, it was raining, so they closed some of the rides, but then again, a lot of people went home as well.

E-ride nights used to be more frequent. There used to be about six or seven each month, 12 months a year. We have seen, since September, that they are only scheduling them during the busy times of the year. You will notice that the last ones were in early January, and these are during Spring Break. I doubt we will see more until summer rolls around.

I hope that helps!

They don’t seem to have anyE ride nights during Easter vacatopn. Is this because the MK is open later or will there be some in April?

I would expect E-ride nights to be scheduled during Easter. It is often one of the busiest times of the year at WDW. E-Ride nights make Disney money, but only if they are nearly sold out. By scheduling them at busy times of the year, it almost ensures them of a decent turn out. Look for the announcement sometime in early March.