Earl of Sandwich

OK… read on a post here about how good Earl of Sandwich (EoS) at Downtown Disney is… so I had to try it. Went yesterday.
I had a sandwich and my wife has a salad. Loved it… Definitely would go back.
Thanks for the tip.

Frank

I have never been to EoS and was wondering what sandwiches people suggest … favourites? Want to try it when we go at the end of next month.

This was the first time I ever went. I had the “original” just to start.
Cheryl had a Caesar salad. We both loved our food there.

Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;1084366]This was the first time I ever went. I had the “original” just to start.
Cheryl had a Caesar salad. We both loved our food there.

Frank[/QUOTE]

When you say “original” … what’s in an original? It’s almost lunch time here … so hungry. Please describe

I am another that resisted EoS, especially when I’ve been on the deluxe dining plan.
We finally gave in before Christmas 2009 (this would be the same trip I blew out my knee and tore my meniscus) and really enjoyed it.
Plus, there’s one on the Turnpike between WDW and North Broward County that we’ve also stopped at and decided to grab sandwiches to take home.

Try the Original which is a roast beef and cheese with horseradish sauce.
My own favorite is a Full Montague which is roast beef and turkey with cheddar and Swiss with mustard (though I’d suggest switching to horseradish sauce).

EoS is “The Original” because purportedly it was founded by one of the direct descendents of “THE” Earl of Sandwich, the supposed inventor of the sandwich.

Here’s complete menu with descriptions:

Earl of Sandwich Menu - Downtown Disney

Enjoy

Frank

>>My own favorite is a Full Montague which is roast beef and turkey with cheddar and Swiss with mustard (though I’d suggest switching to horseradish sauce).<<

Sounds great!!!
Frank

We love it too, but you know, I have never tried the salads there. Need to try to do that this trip.

>>We love it too, but you know, I have never tried the salads there. <<

Caesar was quite good, nice size and reasonably priced.

Frank

We love Earl and have to hit it at once every trip. In June we ate there three times and took a sandwich home. Yum!

We love EoS. I always say I’m going to try a different sandwich, but I always end up with the The Original. It is SO good. (ask for extra horseradish sauce). Then I add a little English mustard.:wub:

I’m really tempted to order the tuna melt…but I can’t give up the Original…:huh:

They all sound so delicious. Definitely going to make a stop there this trip. Nothing beats a really good sandwich.

I’m an ‘Original’ fan too because I love Horseradish sauce- DD and DH love the Club too and we all love the Tomato Soup with croutons- delicious!

Is their horseradish really overly tangy like some places tend to have it?

I wouldn’t say so- its not quite as hot as I like it, but it certainly has a little kick to it:happy:

do you need to get the extra horseradish or mustard at a condiment stand or from behind the counter???
It’s pretty crowded in there so I don’t want to look like an idiot strolling around looking for stuff that’s not there.
Thanks.
Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;1084424]do you need to get the extra horseradish or mustard at a condiment stand or from behind the counter???
It’s pretty crowded in there so I don’t want to look like an idiot strolling around looking for stuff that’s not there.
Thanks.
Frank[/QUOTE]

The normal condiments should be next to the napkins and beverage dispenser.
The horseradish, you’ll have to ask for.
Of course, you can just ask when you order and they could simply put more horseradish sauce on for you or give you a cup.

I :heart:LOVE:heart: the Earl!!

My favorites are the Tuna Melt (albacore tuna salad and Swiss cheese), the Italian (salami, capicola, roasted ham, mortadella, mozzarella cheese, roma tomato and Zesty Italian dressing), and the Caprese (fresh mozzarella, roma tomatos, fresh basil and drizzled balsamic vinaigrette).

Baloo’s hands-down favorite is the All American (roast turkey, buttermilk ranch, cranberries, cheddar cheese, lettuce, and roma tomato).

I got those descriptions off the allears menu. Thanks for posting the link fjs08… after reading it all I have a serious craving!!

[QUOTE=fjs08;1084424]do you need to get the extra horseradish or mustard at a condiment stand or from behind the counter???
Thanks.
Frank[/QUOTE]

I ask for extra horseradish sauce when I order. The mustard is on the tables.

The All American sounds AMAZING!!