Early check in?

Anyone have any tricks to get early check-in? We arrive @ MCO @ 5:30 am (which will actually be 3:30am according to our time). Hoping for an early check-in so those of us that want to sleep can for a bit!
Anyone know ant tricks for that to happen?

I’m just guessing… I would put in a request, but mostly I think it depends on them actually having a room available (and it looks like you’re arriving at a pretty busy time) and also on you being willing to take any room, anywhere in the resort.

Yes…what Andrea said…it will depend on whether a room has not been used the night before…no one will be checking out that early to get the room cleaned up for you…if there is a room that has not been used that night before, I’m sure you can check in, but that all depends…you can always tell them you have arrived and store your luggage with the resort…they will call you when a room is ready…but there are no guarantees where it will be in the resort…

Housekeeping staff will not arrive to clean rooms until around 8:00 so the very earliest a cleaned room would be ready would probably be 9… But that’s if someone checked out very early…

Good luck…I’m sure the resort will help you as much as possible…

Also maybe consider checking on-line. They assign the rooms and have the room keys ready for you prior to your arrival. Not sure the whole procedure, but the assumption of filling the empty rooms with the early arrivals makes sense.

check in 10 days prior to arrival via “online check in” and note that you will be there at 5:30am. The room assigner gives out rooms in the order according to what time they are arriving.

Or you can drop your bags off at Bell Services and then find a nice chaise by the pool to catch a few ZZZzzzs, or go to Tom Sawyer Island and nap in the rocking chairs. There is something magical in those chairs. I think DH can be fast asleep in just 10 rocks or so!

…I always forget about going there…what a good idea…

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen guests “holding” in the lobbies of AKL and WL.
This goes for guests who are both arriving and departing.
I haven’t seen it as much at the others, perhaps because their lobbies aren’t as living room like or as inviting to lounging.

Thanks for reminding me to hit early check in :slight_smile:

Hi, we are an EARLY arrival family. We usually get to WDW around 5am to 7am. We do early online check in and there is a spot to tell them what time to expect you there…that helps…BUT
Do not expect a room. I would make plans to hit a breakfast first thing like Chef Mickey’s or somewhere like that…but here are the suggestions from another early arriver.

1. Do the early check in online
  2. Schedule a breakfast somwhere and just get in relax mode
  3. Make sure your CM at check knows you are wiped out and need to get to bed. One way I do this nicely is by asking if they have somewhere we can change clothes, brush our teeth, wash our hands and faces, etc…bc we have been driving ALL night and need to try and freshen up and get going.
  4. Leave all your bags with bell hop
  5. On the 99.5% chance your room is not ready and wont be in the next few hours…DO SOMETHING!!! Go eat and then hit a park…sure you dont have to be in full fledge WDW mode but sitting in that lobby waiting on a room is a WASTE of time and VERY frustrating…I KNOW.
  6. Pool Option if you dont want to fight the parks.

This will be our 5th trip to WDW in 6 years in March and every trip we arrive b/w 5 and 7 and only ONE trip did we go straight to a room…only once did I rush back after breakfast to wait in the lobby (2nd time)…NEVER AGAIN, it was wasted time.

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1126445]Hi, we are an EARLY arrival family. We usually get to WDW around 5am to 7am. We do early online check in and there is a spot to tell them what time to expect you there…that helps…BUT
Do not expect a room. I would make plans to hit a breakfast first thing like Chef Mickey’s or somewhere like that…but here are the suggestions from another early arriver.

1. Do the early check in online
  2. Schedule a breakfast somwhere and just get in relax mode
  3. Make sure your CM at check knows you are wiped out and need to get to bed. One way I do this nicely is by asking if they have somewhere we can change clothes, brush our teeth, wash our hands and faces, etc…bc we have been driving ALL night and need to try and freshen up and get going.
  4. Leave all your bags with bell hop
  5. On the 99.5% chance your room is not ready and wont be in the next few hours…DO SOMETHING!!! Go eat and then hit a park…sure you dont have to be in full fledge WDW mode but sitting in that lobby waiting on a room is a WASTE of time and VERY frustrating…I KNOW.
  6. Pool Option if you dont want to fight the parks.

This will be our 5th trip to WDW in 6 years in March and every trip we arrive b/w 5 and 7 and only ONE trip did we go straight to a room…only once did I rush back after breakfast to wait in the lobby (2nd time)…NEVER AGAIN, it was wasted time.[/QUOTE]

My experience has been the exact opposite. Must be lucky? I am on a serious luck streak then because I am 8-10 in the last two weeks with my people… All I do it put in 2 hours prior to their actual arrival…and presto their room is ready This also depends on occupancy of the resort. if you are going during a super busy time and the resort is at capacity, this will never work.

I just completed the early check in for our trip next week. I am not holding my breath to have a room ready, although I am hopeful once will be ready sooner than later since we are getting in a few hours before the DVC Members Association meeting. It would be nice if we could be in the room before the meeting because Iknow my wife is not interested in going to it.

But Dadofthree you have a great list of criteria though for early check in.

The online checkin is probably a great idea for this early of an arrival, in case they can pull a room and get it ready for you. In a regular situation with a later arrival time, I wouldn’t do online check in otherwise, because you still have to get in line. I saw it several times and didn’t see much of a time savings.