Early Feb Park Attire Advice

Heading to Disney for a short vacation in early Feb (2/8). . . I have been in January a few times and froze my butt off! Hoping that Feb sees some warmer temps. Any advice?

Orlando is very tricky with weather- days should be perfect and cool and night can get quite chilly… With that said, I would pack for both.

Layer, layer, layer, layer. And get a locker when you walk in the park. That way you can drop off items as it gets warmer or retreive them if the park is open late and you get chilled.

hadn’t given a locker a thought, but great idea. We are from Maine, so 50 degrees is warm to us:laugh: So, 70 is a heat wave.

Thanks!!

Defintitely the best advice! The temps are all over the place then.

[QUOTE=Magic;1098275]hadn’t given a locker a thought, but great idea. We are from Maine, so 50 degrees is warm to us:laugh: So, 70 is a heat wave.

Thanks!![/QUOTE]

I learned my lesson years ago. We left the resort and it was 65 at 10:00am and heading towards the mid 70’s. It was 40 at 9:00pm and we had planned to stay late. NOT!!!

I’m used to cold weather - and I’ve never been as cold as I have been in WDW in Feb. Bring gloves. Bring a warm jacket. Bring a hoodie or warm sweater. Bring a scarf. Bring a hat. Hopefully you won’t need to use them, but it’s good to be prepared.

Oh, we were there a year or so ago in January and it was when they had the unusual frost and plants died, no oranges, etc. I think it hit 45 during the day and my daughter still went in the pool (yes, the pool is still around 80 degrees so maybe she was smart).

I bought a fleece and sweatpants and doubled up. . it was miserable.

Cross your fingers and say a prayer to the Walt that its warmer this time around!!! :laugh:

Kim and Rich are right!

Be a boy scout and be prepared.

I don’t know what it is, but 50 degrees in Florida can cut through you the same as 15 degrees in the northeast.
I know our buildings aren’t insulated the same way, that’s for sure.

I will never forget the year we met this family at the bus stop of the Yacht Club. They all had on matching sweatshirts from the resort and looked really cute. My wife, being the social butterfly that she is, commented on how sweet they all looked.

The husband and wife exchanged, “The Look” and I knew in an instant what had happened. As we waited for the bus the wife let us in on how much they had just dropped on clothing because all they had brought was summer attire.

Of course by noon that day they were most likely in that summer attire!

I have learned NEVER to question the admiral when she starts packing and that the cost of an extra suitcase on the plane pales in comparision to a new wardrobe!

-Harry

Of course then there was the year I brought dress shoes for my conference but forgot gym shoes. Word to the wise, WDW is not the place to break in a pair of Nikes!

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1098305]

Of course then there was the year I brought dress shoes for my conference but forgot gym shoes. Word to the wise, WDW is not the place to break in a pair of Nikes![/QUOTE]

Love This!!! Made me laugh and think about all those times when we were young traveling to Disney and we always got a new pair of sneakers right before we went to Disney. . so we would look good:laugh: Man, did our feet hurt!

Thank you all!

Actually, it is a great place to break in a new pair of Nikes and I’ve done so several times.
You’re actually better off with a brand new pair of running shoes because all the padding is in its best condition.
But to each his own.

Even native Floridians get caught without warmer clothing at the parks all the time. Just ask anyone who was in WDW the day after Wilma when the temps plunged from the mid 80s to the low 50s overnight.

we will have our winter coats with us as we are leaving from baltimore… which will have gloves in the pockets. lol. we were there in april one year for dh birthday and wished we had gloves with us.we looked all over the parks and couldn’t find them . the last day of our vacation they brought them out… :frown: