Early planning help needed

Hi, all.
With my May trip to FL. now an April trip to D.C., I get to start planning my Sept. WDW trip earlier, so I’m wondering…
We really want to experience both AKL & WL, & since our AP’s will expire after this trip, this is the time to do it. So, we’ll be switching hotels, yes, a BIG pain, but with a 3 & 4 year-old, we’ll make the day kinda like a rest day. I’ll rent a car, pack the stuff & meet the rest of the fam at BB, then meet them at WL to ckeck-in & for the rest of the trip. So the day won’t be that crazy.
Oh, yeah, my question. We’re planning on doing WL for the last part of the trip, hopefully making it easier to hit Chef Mickey’s, CRT, & MNSSHP on our last day. Is the boat transportation from WL to MK reliable? Would the busses from AKL be better in the long run, & just spend the whole trip there?
Also, planning a 10-night trip, so how many nights would you do each? Thanks for all your help!!!

WL is our favorite resort and we have had very good luck with the boat transportation to MK. THere is a larger launch the go to Fort Wilderness, WL, and MK. THere are at least 2 boats running all the time so teh wait isn’t usually too long. There is a smaller boat the runs between WL, FW, and CR. The smaller boat is great for when you want to go to Chef Mickey’s or hop on the monorail to go to Epcot.

If you are only renting the car so you can change resorts save your money, Disney will move your bags form one resort to another. As long as you don’t need it until the middle of the afternoon your luggage will be at your new resort waiting for you. You can call bell services about 20 minutes before you are ready to leave and they will come get your bags so you can go with your famly to BB.

We took a 2 week trip to WDW last year and spent a week at WL then moved to Beach Club, it worked well for us. The summer before we stayed at 3 different resorts in 8 days. It was fun but I’m not sure I’ll do 3 resorts again. On a 10 day trip I would do either a 5/5 or 4/6 split between resort, 3 or more days is not long enough to unpack and feel at home.

You picked two of my favortie resorts. You are going to have a fabulous time. Making moving day an off day, will make the move all the more smooth. The boat transportation from WL is excellent. The bus system, the last time I was there, was a tad slow, but nothing to complain about. I can’t wait to see all your plans unfold and look forward to helping. :heart:

WL is also one of my fav and yes the boat is more realiable to MK from WL. I would also try to have the resort’s help in taking your bags from one resort to the other is you want to just go on to the parks. Make sure you ask the front desk when you get to your first resort. Whatever you decide, have a wonderful time! :happy:

We found it very easy to get to the MK from the WL last year. The boats were very reliable and plentiful.

Both resorts are amazing. Have fun!!