Easter Services?

Well, I booked our trip for Spring break next year. All excited about it, telling my boys. The youngest asked me if I was serious. When I asked what he was referring to, he said we would be there on Easter Sunday, and would miss everything with the family (Grandma, Grandpa, Aunts, etc.) I really didn’t know I booked our return on Easter Sunday, so now I’m contiplating whether to cut our trip short a day, or maybe go to Easter services at Disney for a new experience.

I called Disney to find out when and where the services would be held, and the CM said he wasn’t sure if Disney is going to have Easter services (which totally surprised me). Has anyone ever been to Disney during Easter, and if so, can you tell if they have held services in the past and where.

Are you looking for any type of service or one in particular?

Was looking for Catholic.

I am certain there will be Easter services. I have previously attended at the Presbyterian Church in Celebration and the Catholic Church in LBV, but I KNOW there will be services on property. Let me see what I can find. . .

This is from this year but it may help in your planning. Religious Services in the WDW Area

Well, this is about 2009, but I’m sure 2010 will be similar:

Religious Services in the WDW Area

LOL DT! We’re on the same page tonight! You’re just a smidge quicker!

FWIW, I’ve gone to the Mary Queen of the Universe church many, many times (though its not the one I am a member of) and it is absolutely beautiful and draws a HUGE, HUGE crowd. If you go there, go early or stand!

Thanks DisneyTeacher and Alilmagical32. This puts me more at ease that they will most likely have something.

I went to one of the “parking lot” services once, and it was very nice. Not over the top like I sort of expected, it was protestant though.

I think its a nice tradition if your vacation happens to fall over holiday! Have fun planning!

[QUOTE=alilmagical32;976223]LOL DT! We’re on the same page tonight! You’re just a smidge quicker!

FWIW, I’ve gone to the Mary Queen of the Universe church many, many times (though its not the one I am a member of) and it is absolutely beautiful and draws a HUGE, HUGE crowd. If you go there, go early or stand![/QUOTE]

I have heard very good things about that church, you’re right it’s quite popular.

They always have mass at the Contemporary resort.We’ve been many times!! We have also been to the church by the mall, very very crowded!!!

Disneymania, are you sure about the Mass at CR? I think they discontinued that. Anyone know?

This link shows the three services at the Contemporary in 2009.

Religious Services in the WDW Area

Thanks, I assume it is for the Easter time only or every Sunday?

Just Easter as far as I know. I believe the Poly used to have a service every Sunday but that ended several years ago.

We’ve been many times at Easter Sunday, I don’t believe they have it any other time but I could be wrong. It’s usually the second service of the day and it can get crowded. try to get there a little early if you want to sit. I believe it’s in the grande Ballroom. ( or one of the large ones!!!)