Effective immediately: ADR booking window is now 90 days

I just saw this on Allearsnet.com:

Effective immediately, the booking window for Walt Disney World dining, recreation and tours will be 90 days, instead of 180 days.

All existing reservations will be honored as booked.

Disney Resort Hotel Guests are now able to book 90 days prior to their scheduled check-in date for the first 10 days of their stay. Day guests can book 90 days before the date they wish to dine. (Guests of the Swan and Dolphin, Shades of Green, Downtown Disney Area Hotels and Good Neighbor Hotels are not eligible for this benefit.)

Grand Gathering experiences and La Nouba reservations can still be made up to 180 days in advance.

I know it makes more sense & is more practical but I kinda liked making my ADRs 180 days in advance, gave me something to look forward to when counting down for trips.

Oh well!

I just read that on another board was was looking to see if it was true. I’m fine with 90 days, 180 days is really far out for a lot of people. I liked it because us hard core planners got a head start on the casual planner.

I read this on Allears earlier today. I have mixed feelings. I like planning early and making ADRs at 180 days helped make me feel like a Disney vacation was coming. But I can see why they might be switching. It’ll probably cut done a bit on the cancelling/rescheduling calls. I know I made ADRs 180 days out and ended up having to change some of them.

I wonder when/if they’ll get their online ADR setup ready to go. That’ll be really great if they do.

Anyone know if this includes CRT?

This suits me just fine. I don’t know of a single trip we’ve booked 180 days in advance.

Do you know if the more fought-over adrs, such as CRT, Victoria & Albert’s, California Grill, and Chef Mickey’s will stay at 180 days?

180 was fine why did they change it?

so is this change for good, or jsut for the time being, while they set up the online ADR center?

as per the rumor months ago…??

Just a few years ago- it was 90 and it was changed to 180. I happened to call about a trip I was planning on the day that they made the change, and I got CRT because of it. No one knew that they could call for that yet-it was awesome…

On the other hand it is hard to plan 180 days out… I mean who knows where they want to eat next JUNE?

Personally I have troubled trying to figure out what I’m going to do in the next half-hour, so I don’t think it’ll effect us. I know I don’t book the “biggies” anymore - but I never have trouble getting a reservation to most of the WDW restaurants - even a few weeks before.

I kind of like this change. We are still tinkering with the idea of a trip in March and I was already thinking that we probably won’t be able to eat where we want to because people will have already booked their ADRS. Obviously since this just changed, it won’t affect the reservations that are already booked so we may still not get into any places for a March 2009 trip, but it could work to our advantage in the future.

I liked the 180 days out. I felt it gave me more of a chance of getting the ADR’s that I wanted. Maybe it’s just me but in planning the last two vacations, It was hard getting the ressies that I wanted.

There’s something very wrong here if they will only allow Disney O&O hotel guests to make reservations 90 days out!
If I’ve decided to drive up for a day trip on my birthday and will not be staying overnight, this means I’m out of luck making a reservation!
Currently, whether you’re a hotel guest or a day tripper, you can make dining reservations 90 days out (formerly 180 days out).
And what about locals who want to make reservations? Are they going to be out of luck too?

[QUOTE=Soundgod;916575]There’s something very wrong here if they will only allow Disney O&O hotel guests to make reservations 90 days out!
If I’ve decided to drive up for a day trip on my birthday and will not be staying overnight, this means I’m out of luck making a reservation!
Currently, whether you’re a hotel guest or a day tripper, you can make dining reservations 90 days out (formerly 180 days out).
And what about locals who want to make reservations? Are they going to be out of luck too?[/QUOTE]

I could be totally wrong here, but I thought they were referring to the first 10 days, meaning, some dates are actually 99 days out, not 90.

I like the 180 day rule MUCH better. Like Wishy said, it gave me something to look forward to in the planning process. Once the ressies are made at 180 days, you don’t have to worry about them AT ALL. Oh well…we used to do 90 days, so I’m sure we’ll get used to it again.

I have the same question as Soundgod, what if I’m not staying on property and want to dine at Disney, am I out of luck? Tough noogies for me? :sad: Maybe I’m not reading it right and someone can clear it up.

I’m one of those people who barely even plans a trip 180 days out let alone dining options. I think out of all of the trips that we’ve planned we’ve actually only had two set in stone at the 180 day mark…I had to call and cancel so many ADR’s because trips got switched and moved etc. I like the 90 days a little better.

If you are staying at a Non Disney Owned resort (Swan, Dolphin, SOG) or anyplace off site, you can ONLY make ADRs for 90 days out. You will have to call back for each day of your trip.

I think Wish’s original post explains that one. It says Day guest can book 90 days out while guest on property can call 90 days from the first day of their trip.

this is fine with me. The only thing I will say that is the only disappointing thing for us is the fact that we are the hardcore planners some of you speak of and we love the fact that we could book earlier- made the vacation seem like it was that much closer. Not a big deal really either way for us but I am quite sure it is a change for the better :mickey:

i can deal with the 90 days vs 180 days, but having to call back each day to make an adr is silly, imho. wastes a lot of my time, when i used to be able to make them all on one call. :dry: