Electric Light Parade

I know it’s due to have it’s opening night soon and is at WDW for the summer. Does anyone know if that includes the entire month of August or will it end with summer night thingy on August 14th??

I’m pretty sure it’s only threw 8/14 with the Summer Nightastic! I’m going this weekend, I’ll see if I can find out more.

According to the calendar on the Disney site, Spectro Magic Parade has date set in the beging pf sept. and it looks like ending Sept 6th. When we went last Sept we saw the Electric Light Parade

It’s supposed to end on the 14th. We in Entertainment are taking a pool on whether or not that will actually happen. I personally think it’ll stick around at least through Labor Day. It’ll also depend on guest response and if they demand it stay longer, who’s to say it won’t?

ELP wasn’t in WDW last summer. It was Spectro.

rowdy -

I really hope it’s still there when I come in August. I haven’t seen that parade since taking my DD a LONG time ago. Now that’s back, it would be so cool for her to see it and actually remember it.:laugh:

Check out this post on the DisneyParksBlog.com . . . it’s amazing what it takes to get this parade rolled out. I agree with Rowdy, I’d be surprised if it’s around for only a short time.

Behind The Scenes: Main Street Electrical Parade Returns To Walt Disney World Resort Disney Parks Blog

PS. Rowdy, we are going to be at HS on Sat are you going to be there?

I hope it stays through Labor Day.

I love the Electrical Parade… so if I can’t have it, I hope you get it, Dana.

Besides… it wasn’t right at California Adventure. I’m one of those annoying people who can’t handle some change… and to me it will always properly be the “Main Street Electrical Parade”. :wub:

Vocoder Intro- Main Street Electrical Parade

“Disney’s Electrical Parade” just doesn’t have quite the same ring.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1034334]Check out this post on the DisneyParksBlog.com . . . it’s amazing what it takes to get this parade rolled out. I agree with Rowdy, I’d be surprised if it’s around for only a short time.

Behind The Scenes: Main Street Electrical Parade Returns To Walt Disney World Resort Disney Parks Blog

PS. Rowdy, we are going to be at HS on Sat are you going to be there?[/QUOTE]

I saw that on disney blog via facebook. Amazing! Yes, I also can’t see Disney spending all that money and taking all that time to move it for a short time like that, but who knows with them? They like to keep us on our toes!

[QUOTE=Andrea;1034343]I love the Electrical Parade… so if I can’t have it, I hope you get it, Dana.

Besides… it wasn’t right at California Adventure. I’m one of those annoying people who can’t handle some change… and to me it will always properly be the “Main Street Electrical Parade”. :wub:

Vocoder Intro- Main Street Electrical Parade

“Disney’s Electrical Parade” just doesn’t have quite the same ring.[/QUOTE]

You are my sister from another mother…lol

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1034334]

PS. Rowdy, we are going to be at HS on Sat are you going to be there?[/QUOTE]

Fraid not. Only day off and have a lot planned that day :sad:

I’m excited that i’ll get to see ELP for the first time this year! :laugh: in all the times I’ve been down (and been able to remember) it’s been SpectroMagic and as fun as it is, I’m totally ready for something new!

Those who have seen it before, do you think it’s better than SpectroMagic? I watched a HD video of the parade on youtube and it seemed like it was much more colorful…though that may have just been the quality of the video. :blush:

Never fails . . . we always miss you! :closedeye

We’ll be at Epcot on Sunday and I know that’s not your stomping ground! OH well we’ll be back in July! :heart:

what is the difference between electric light parade and spectro. spector is my most favorite parade so i am hoping it is there in September.

It’s a different parade entirely. It’s almost like asking what is the differece between the Stars and motorcars parade and Block party bash. They both take place at night and are light parades, but have completely different floats etc. The only think similar is the lights…lol It’s really a great parade. If you love Spectro, you will love ELP.

I’m sure they’re both wonderful (as I do love SpectroMagic) but is there any sort of consensus on which one people like better? This will be my first time witnessing ELP and I’m very excited to see it. (is the tune catchy enough to be stuck looping through my head all night long!? :laugh: j/k)

I think most of the people who saw ELP first prefer it. Idk, to me, Spectro just didn’t compare (also, I am influenced by my parents who far prefer ELP).

ELP is just… classic. It was the first. While I enjoy Spectro, ELP will always be my favorite.

I’m really looking forward to seeing it. Our first trip to WDW was in 2005 so we’ve never seen it. I am hoping that the music does it for us. We loved the music from Spectro and can’t imagine anything being as good.

I’m looking forward to the new fireworks too, but wondering about the music for that one too.

[QUOTE=jen9804;1034650]I’m really looking forward to seeing it. Our first trip to WDW was in 2005 so we’ve never seen it. I am hoping that the music does it for us. We loved the music from Spectro and can’t imagine anything being as good.

I’m looking forward to the new fireworks too, but wondering about the music for that one too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I completely agree but I did watch a video of ELP and it looks positively stunning! The colors just seemed way brighter than Spectro. I also wonder about the fireworks but I love experiencing new things so I can’t wait to see it! :happy: