Electric parade during EMH

do the have a second main street electrical parade on the nights when there are extra magic hours at the magic kingdom? wr are going the second week of december and want to know if there is a chance we will be able to see it.

They did in August. I’m not sure if they will in December, so I guess I’m not much help. Sorry. :blush:

The EMH night and whether there are two parades are not related at all.
Two parades or one is a function of what time sunset occurs, what time fireworks are scheduled for, and park closing.
If the park is closing at 10 and fireworks were at 9, there will be a second parade at 10 if there was a parade at 8. This works even better with 10 PM fireworks and an 11 or 12 PM closing.
If the park closes at 9, there will be only one parade at 8 PM, if there is even going to be a parade that night.
There will never be a second parade during the EMH, it will run during regular hours or there won’t be a second parade at all. Whatever else, if there are two parades, it will always be parade, fireworks, parade and that second parade will run before the official park closing or exactly at park closing, the same as Illuminations runs at park close every night.

During Christmas week, we have always seen two Spectros a night. In fact, durign one, we watch and enjoy…and during the other, we strategically place ourselves near Splash Mtn for shorter lines. :mickey:

Chances are during the 2nd week of December, due to it normally being a very slow week, we will only have 3 nights where we present DEP (or ELP if you’re old skool), and the only way it’ll become a double depends on the crowds. But that Saturday night could be scheduled a double. Guess I won’t know until that schedule drops for that week.

I was at the Magic Kingdom on Saturday Night with some clients and they held a second Main Street Electrical Parade at 11pm, which was also the start of EMH.

so then here is my dilema…we are going the 12th to the 18th, and the only night we will be able to see ELP (no school like the old school…lol) is wed night, we have adr for le cellier @ 6:10, so a 7pm parade is out of the question…so do i:

a - blow off le cellier to see the elp (which my wife and kids have never seen, and i ahve not seen since i was a wee tot), or

b - go to le cellier?

i am leaning towards option a, as the ELP will not be around forever, and this is a chance for my kids to see something that they may not get to see again for a long time.

thoughts?

This is precisely what I was thinking based on my experiences.

[QUOTE=chris24;1056103]so then here is my dilema…we are going the 12th to the 18th, and the only night we will be able to see ELP (no school like the old school…lol) is wed night, we have adr for le cellier @ 6:10, so a 7pm parade is out of the question…so do i:

a - blow off le cellier to see the elp (which my wife and kids have never seen, and i ahve not seen since i was a wee tot), or

b - go to le cellier?

i am leaning towards option a, as the ELP will not be around forever, and this is a chance for my kids to see something that they may not get to see again for a long time.

thoughts?[/QUOTE]

You’re between a rock and a hard place.
When exactly are you leaving on the 18th and can you schedule a later flight?
There is an ELP that night at 9.
If you can’t make that change and you really want to see the ELP (and keep in mind that I made a day trip this summer with only two goals, 1 Eo preview and 2 the ELP before it went back to sleep, and I watched the parade in some pretty bad rain and I’m not a parade person) then I would probably skip le Cellier.
As Rowdy posted and you’ve seen, most of the week you’re there, there are Christmas parties forcing MK to close at 7 while the other nights it closes at 8, leaving time for only one parade.

So, I think I’d either try for an early walk up at le Cellier (like 4-4:15) or make alternate plans to catch the parade, and maybe go back to Epcot and try to eat somewhere else. You could also try showing up at le Cellier after the parade and say your reservation was for 8:10, don’t even let on that you know it was really for 6:10 and hope they can seat you. Don’t forget Illuminations (Christmas edition) is at 9:30 and not 9.

Try for a 4 PM walk up at le Cellier or make a different dinner reservation so you can see the parade. One other thing, if you make a second dinner reservation for that night, just to be safe, make it in DW’s name and use her cell phone number as a contact number just in case a le Cellier CM looks at the reservation list and sees you’ve got a different reservation at 8:10.