Electrical Parade at Ohana's

Ohana is somewhere I hadn’t considering booking for dinner. I note that there is an evening eletrical parade on the water which can be seen from the Polynesian resort at around 9pm, as well as from a few other restaurants. From experience, those who have eaten there before, what sort of time should an ADR be made to ensure that we are finished our meal in time to watch the show? And is it a show not to be missed? Or can we view the show from our dining area?

I would make your dinner reservation for around 7.00 to be back outside for 8 to 8.30 as the EWP passes the Poly around 9? You can also see Wishes from the Poly beach too. It can get pretty crowded in the beach area, so if you need a lounger or chair get down there a little earlier. We only did it once and it’s really nice to see. I think my info is correct and if not someone else will know.

There should be a schedule on the WDW site for the EWP. I second Dixie to sched your ressie 2 hours before. You can either see it from the beach, or the lawn area at Sunset Point. Both locations are lakeside.

An extra benefit is that you can take a favorite beverage (adult/non-adult) from the inside bar out to watch the parade. Or pick up something in the Poly store (soda, juice, wine, beer) and enjoy the show and a very relaxing time.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1067794]There should be a schedule on the WDW site for the EWP. I second Dixie to sched your ressie 2 hours before. You can either see it from the beach, or the lawn area at Sunset Point. Both locations are lakeside.

An extra benefit is that you can take a favorite beverage (adult/non-adult) from the inside bar out to watch the parade. Or pick up something in the Poly store (soda, juice, wine, beer) and enjoy the show and a very relaxing time.[/QUOTE]

OR pick up something from the Pool Bar outside as we’ve done many times :whistling

Oooh that’s a great idea! we have ADR at 6:40 and I hadn’t even thought about staying for the EWP or Wishes!

I think… it comes through about 9:00- 9:20. It is not too too long, and there is music too! You can see it from the beach area, or from the marina … It is fun, and Ohana is good for dinner.

It’s definitely worth staying around for the parade! It’s cute. I don’t remember the schedule for when it passes each resort but I know I read it somewhere…maybe the Unofficial Guide? Or AllEars.Net - The Unofficial Disney Planning Guide for Walt Disney World, Disneyland and the Disney Cruise Line ? We watched it at the Wilderness Lodge in 09 and really enjoyed it. We got a cocktail after playing in the pool and sat on the beach and watched it. A nice end to a busy Disney day.

You really need to see (and hear) the Electrical Water Pageant outside.
It sets off from the MK’s backstage canal on the far side of the monorail station around 9.
I don’t exactly remember which way it goes, but it would be logical to pass the GF first and then on to the Poly continuing to Bay Lake.
You really want to be on the beach for the best viewing.
It is cute, and I like watching it from everywhere (and I’ve seen it from everywhere except Fort Wilderness) even the monorail and the ferries.

Poly then GF then CR then WL in 15 min increments. One of our 1st night traditions. We always walk down the SoG path to the Poly and enjoy a beverage at the beach while watching the Parade.

OK, sounds great. Thanks.

Completely agree with SG, you MUST see this from the beach. Go to the beach beside the water dock, you have a great view, can hear the music, and you also have a great view of Wishes. I have set up our tripod on the beach and got some great shots of the fireworks and my daughter playing on the beach. This is one of my favorite spots on earth. Seriously. Get there early and get a hammock!

We will have to try this I have seen it pass by the MK, but never have taken the time to watch this. So since this trip in a week was unplanned and is just go with the flow I will have to do this.