Ellen's Energy Adventure

I really like this attraction. :wub: I have to make one of my family members go on this ride with me. I seem to be the only one, in my family, that likes it. That got me to wondering, how many of you really like or dislike this attraction & why? :confused:

We haven’t done it in YEARS. I remember it being boring but maybe we need to give it another shot.

LOVE this attraction! Maybe it’s the nostalgia-I remember riding as a kid before Ellen and Bill Nye the Science guy-but, the gist is the same. It’s totally what EPCOT should be about-educational, entertaining, and totally surprising. I loved taking my boyfriend on for the first time a few years ago (he had never been to WDW) and didn’t tell him about the seats turning into a ride vehicle. Needless to say, he was freaked:laugh:

I liked it a while back, but it has been broken down the past two times that we tried to ride it. When we finally did ride it, I thought that I remembered the ride part being longer as a kid… I do like it though, and I like taking my kids on it…

I love it. :wub::wub::wub: It definately gives you some relief from the heat!:laugh: I think it is a very interesting attraction and I love the dinosaurs.:heart:

I like this. I find it humorous. And I enjoy sitting down in air-conditioning for 45-minutes. That’s always nice.

I like the ride itself, but honestly- it really needs to be updated to be current! I think Ellen’s intro is extremely funny.

I have mixed feelings about this one. I think the concept is really cool - how the cars split up and all. Ellen is really funny - but I think it’s too long. Maybe it’s b/c DD felt it was too long and kept bugging me on when it was going to be over - but it did get boring after a while. On the other hand it is very educational.

We really enjoy it! It is a great way to spend 45 (air conditioned) minutes.
The dinosaurs are the best, my boys just love them.

I’m so glad you posted this!

I was thinking about showing this to the DDs next trip . . . each time I try to do one more thing we haven’t done! Last time was Honey I Shrunk the Audience, and that didn’t go over well! (that needs updating!) :blush:

So . . . do you think my DD4 would be scared? Last time I was on it, I was 12 :laugh::laugh: a long time ago . . . I remember thinking it was cool!

Might just have to try it this trip!

This is my nap ride! The intro is pretty good, but, by the time we are getting past the dinosaurs, I am asleep. It’s slow, comfortable and relaxing in the air conditioning. By the time the ride is over, I am refreshed from the power nap. Oh, I really couldn’t tell you much about the ride after the dinosaurs though.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;861844]I’m so glad you posted this!

I was thinking about showing this to the DDs next trip . . . each time I try to do one more thing we haven’t done! Last time was Honey I Shrunk the Audience, and that didn’t go over well! (that needs updating!) :blush:

So . . . do you think my DD4 would be scared? Last time I was on it, I was 12 :laugh::laugh: a long time ago . . . I remember thinking it was cool!

Might just have to try it this trip![/QUOTE]

[B][I]I really don’t know about taking your DD4 on this ride. It would depend on if she gets frightened easily, I would think. I wouldn’t hesitate to take my DGD when she was four. But, nothing scares her. On the other hand, I would never have taken her brother at 4 because everything scared him. I guess it depends on the child.

Everyone has been terrific with all the responses. I was beginning to think I was the odd one because I am the only one in my family that like this attraction. Now I know it’s THEM!:laugh:[/I][/B]

I really enjoy this attraction. I think it’s just good entertainment! Ellen is hilarious and I of course love Disney audioanimatronics. :smiley: It’s even better in the summer for a nice long break from the heat. haha!

[QUOTE=brebre_51;861869][B][I]I really don’t know about taking your DD4 on this ride. It would depend on if she gets frightened easily, I would think. I wouldn’t hesitate to take my DGD when she was four. But, nothing scares her. On the other hand, I would never have taken her brother at 4 because everything scared him. I guess it depends on the child.

Everyone has been terrific with all the responses. I was beginning to think I was the odd one because I am the only one in my family that like this attraction. Now I know it’s THEM!:laugh:[/I][/B][/QUOTE]

NAH, she’s my little tough cookie! Now I’m wondering about DD8! :laugh::laugh: Maybe we’ll give it a try next visit?

AND keep in mind . . . you are NOT the odd one! :laugh:

:wub:ITS MY FAVORITEEEEEEEEE!

I loooooove Bill Nye AND Elllen :smiley:

It’s soooooo great!
Theres nothing bad about it!

:smiley:

Ellen’s ride is OK. It is a nice break from the heat (or cold), it is educational, plus there is never any wait time for it. We have only done it a few times, but still enjoy it.

I agree that it could use a little updating.

But I too love how the cars split up and travel thru the attraction.

And it is a great way to cool off on a hot, Florida day!

I like the dinosaurs and its a nice ride when you want to take a relaxing break.

We enjoy this attraction. Not our favorite but it is entertaining. It is a really good ride if you want to get out of the heat.

All personal life aside, I think Ellen is hysterical, and being a nerd and all, learning is good. Very fun stuff. I try to ride at least once every time.