EMH change

From AE-

Beginning the week of August 26, 2012, changes are coming to the Extra Magic Hour evenings at Magic Kingdom. First, Splash Mountain will no longer be part of the evening Extra Magic Hours. The Enchanted Tiki Room will be added in its place. Also, once the Country Bears are back from rehab, they will also be part of evening Extra Magic Hours.

Wow! I would’ve never seen that one coming. Taking Spash off, maybe. But to replace a prime ride with…Tiki Room. wow.:huh:

Wow, I thought the same thing. I wonder if it might be that they are about to take Splash down for a refurbishment soon. That was the only positive I saw out of this move…

Noooooo! What are they doing to us? First they announce of taking away an hour from EMH (which I know a lot of people it didn’t affect, but we sure used it), and now they take away one of the best attractions to ride at night? There is always people going on this ride during EMH, so why are they doing this?

Booo Hisss!

If they’re taking a major attraction off the pm emh I wish they could compensate by adding it, or at least another coughBTMRRcough to the am emh line up.

The problem with adding BTMRR would be everything else between it and Fantasyland is closed. I can see a lot of people complaining about all the shops and rides they walk by not being open. i would love to see it added as well but I also understand their logic. As far as SM I can see the reasoning there. On a lot of nights we were there it was a walk on all the time. No one wanted to get wet. Except my kids that is.

Since when have they been closing Big Thunder during evening EMH?
It was open last month.
Killing Splash during EMH is WRONG!
That’s often the only time resort guests are even able to ride!

Or do you want another roller coaster, which MK surely needs.
There is one coming, though I don’t know how trilling it could be, being in Fantasyland.

Many people come to Frontierland through Adventureland and don’t even see Fantasyland.
Additionally, many people enter Frontierland directly from the Hub and Liberty Square. Plus Fantasyland will be fully open by the beginning of December and all of the attractions on the spoke between Fantasyland and Liberty Square are open (Peter Pan, Small World, etc.).

By the way, I’ve NEVER seen any of the shops closed and Pecos Bill’s is always open during EMH. Shops make money.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1120373]Since when have they been closing Big Thunder during evening EMH?It was open last month.
Killing Splash during EMH is WRONG!
That’s often the only time resort guests are even able to ride!

Or do you want another roller coaster, which MK surely needs.
There is one coming, though I don’t know how trilling it could be, being in Fantasyland.[/QUOTE]

Doug go back and read my post.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1120374]Many people come to Frontierland through Adventureland and don’t even see Fantasyland.
Additionally, many people enter Frontierland directly from the Hub and Liberty Square. Plus Fantasyland will be fully open by the beginning of December and all of the attractions on the spoke between Fantasyland and Liberty Square are open (Peter Pan, Small World, etc.).

By the way, I’ve NEVER seen any of the shops closed and Pecos Bill’s is always open during EMH. Shops make money.[/QUOTE]

The post I made was was referring to AM EMH. Frontierland and Adventureland are both closed at that point. Also just because I see their logic does not mean I agree with the decision.

Open up the whole place, I say.

Keep taking the E ticket rides away and their won’t be a point to staying onsite.

I agree. I am hoping/wishing for this to be a temporary thing.

It’s not that I mind them taking something away so long as something else Equilivent is put in it’s place. Obviously there’s not much of that caliber that could be offered in the eve, at least not until the expansion opens but if you’re taking something big away in the eve why not offer something big in it’s place in the morning and try to balance those two out. With the cut back of the pm emh there’s only 1 hour difference between the am and pm now. I realize the pm is a bigger draw since guests are already there and don’t have to make a special effort to attend, but the line-up in the mornings are scarce and if they offered more popular rides it just might bring more people in.

I say give the pm Splash they are removing to the am, throw in BTMRR to make the hike worth while to get back there, and also add in HM as something to do along the way :happy:

OK, I clearly missed you asking for Big Thunder in the morning in exchange for Splash in the evening. I don’t see this trade off being good. One really has nothing to do with the other. Depending on the time of the year, Frontierland doesn’t even open until 10 or 11.

I honestly don’t know what they could open at night to compensate for Splash during EMH, either that, or keep it open for an extra hour as a compromise.

As for Splash and Big Thunder in the mornings, it’s very easy to not open them or the shop and just herd the guests exiting the train to keep moving. Or they could just not open the Frontierland station until they open Frontierland.

In the end, whatever.
Disney’s gonna do what Disney’s gonna do and with the economy slowing, I guess they’re going to tighten their belt a little now instead of having to really tighten it later.

I was surprised this week, that there were days when there were not any EMH at any resort…that’s a first for me…

I’ve seen that at slower times. Let’s just hope they don’t ever do a repeat of the Character Caravan in lieu of all emh’s. Whoever thought that one up as a replacement idea, well, shouldn’t have :laugh:

This makes me so sad! Some of the best memories for my family are from riding splash up until closing. If you wait until the very end of EMHs, there’s barely any line and we would ride it over and over again until we were soaked to the bone. That’s really the only time I will ride it because I hate being wet, but who cares if you close the park down and then go back to your room? This really stinks. I’m so disappointed and can’t figure out their thinking! Why close down a major attraction? They’re making EMHs more and more pointless.

Maybe that’s their point. Less people attend, and then they can justify canceling it all together. Not to be a negative nilly, but I just am not understanding some of their moves lately.

All I know is when I’m rattling on to anyone who who will listen:blush:, when I begin to tell them all the perks of staying on sight, I always get an “ooooohhh” when I explain EMH’s, with more questions to follow, putting staying on site an option many may have not considered before. All of us are marketing tools for Disney resorts, and if they begin to take away stuff we love to talk about, there goes all that free marketing for them.

[QUOTE=bethishooked;1120454]Maybe that’s their point. Less people attend, and then they can justify canceling it all together. Not to be a negative nilly, but I just am not understanding some of their moves lately.

All I know is when I’m rattling on to anyone who who will listen:blush:, when I begin to tell them all the perks of staying on sight, I always get an “ooooohhh” when I explain EMH’s, with more questions to follow, putting staying on site an option many may have not considered before. All of us are marketing tools for Disney resorts, and if they begin to take away stuff we love to talk about, there goes all that free marketing for them.[/QUOTE]

…you’ve made a good point…we are their best and free marketing tools…but if they start taking the perks away…we won’t be so enthusiastic.

We don’t personally use the EMH…but for those who do…taking it away will be a great loss…

We saw lots of little differences this trip that we missed…just little things…we had to ask for dirty laundry bags…only one trash can in the room…the food court no longer has a creamer machine----everyone has to stand there and open their small creamers…(before we used to get a great hot choc with the choc and the creamer dispenser)…bacon was cut paper thin and only 4 strips per serving…just little things…

I personally would rather pay a bit more per room and have things be as they were before rather than have them cut out things to save them money…