EMH question

Ok people, help me with this.

How can I find out how long the evening EMHs are in January at any one of the parks.
In the official Disney site calendar it only says that they have them on which days but not how long they are.

Do they not decide until that very day how long the parks will stay open, depending on attendance?

As my friend Franco54 would say “Thank you kindly” :biggrin:

We don’t make too many evening EMH but I always thought they were 3 hours long.

I thought it meant the parks stay open 3 hours later than the posted time. So, if AK is closing at 8, then extra magic hours means it really closes at 11.

I could be wrong though. (To quote my good friend Dennis Miller.)

I was always under the impression (actually it says it on the planning DVD) that “the parks stay open 1 to 3 hours after official closing time”
So, I am just trying to get an idea, will it be 1, 2 or 3 hours that particular night. We might be able to swing by a park again after dinner but I wouldn’t attempt that if there wasn’t at least enough time to make it up Splash Mountain or so :wink:

ok, i have here a direct quote from the official site

[I]Extra Magic Hours

Each day one of the Disney Theme Parks opens an hour early or stays open up to three hours after regular Park closing, so Disney Resort Guests* can enjoy easy access to select attractions — even the most popular ones! With Extra Magic Hours, you can make the most of your vacation time and see and do everything at an easy, relaxed pace.
[/I]

heehee, Dennis Miller :tongue:

[QUOTE=Dopey;919355]I was always under the impression (actually it says it on the planning DVD) that “the parks stay open 1 to 3 hours after official closing time”
So, I am just trying to get an idea, will it be 1, 2 or 3 hours that particular night. We might be able to swing by a park again after dinner but I wouldn’t attempt that if there wasn’t at least enough time to make it up Splash Mountain or so :wink:

ok, i have here a direct quote from the official site

[I]Extra Magic Hours

Each day one of the Disney Theme Parks opens an hour early or stays open up to three hours after regular Park closing, so Disney Resort Guests* can enjoy easy access to select attractions — even the most popular ones! With Extra Magic Hours, you can make the most of your vacation time and see and do everything at an easy, relaxed pace.
[/I][/QUOTE]
Hmm, that line about 1 to 3 hours does make you think it could be less than 3 hours then, doesn’t it. I am comfuzelled now too.:laugh::laugh:

Yes it does, especially since it’s totally off season. I bet they’ll try and make me put up with 1 hour :pinch: I know how they operate :wink:

“Comfuzelled” - you resemble that remark

Or “Comfuzelled” = Ivanker

We’ve been during off-season and evening EMH’s have never been less than 3 hours after normal closing hours.

We do a lot of PM EMH’s and none of them have been less than 3 hours…so I’d bank on that.

Yay! that’s what I was hoping for. Thanks David.

And Bella :blush:

We have always found the morning EMH to be a hour, and the night EMH to be 3 hours. and look at your countdown!!! oh wow!

I knoooooow, I need to go pack something else. I’ve been trying not to overdo the packing stuff, but man, it is getting too close to put less than 2 pairs of underwear at a time in that suitcase :laugh:

everytime that we have gone we always go to the emh’s and we asked a cm and they told us it’s 3 hours more.

Dopey - I like this site Walt Disney World Live Entertainment

I think when they say “up to 3 hours later” is just the way they phrase it. In all our years going, and almost always during non peak times, EMH are always 1 hour in the AM, and 3 hours in the PM.

That’s what I want to hear, PrincessPooh :smile:

Thanks for the link, Dee. I will check it out.

If you put 2 pairs of underwear in at a time, you will have none left to wear on the plane.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Last time I was there I asked a CM if the EMH were going to be the 1, 2 or 3 hours later and she looked at me like I was crazy and said, “Three.” So I kindly explained to her about the “up to 3 hours” bit and she said, “Really? It’s always 3 hours.” So I’ve always expected one and ‘wished’ for three! Let’s just say over the course of my past three trips, Wishes Do Come True! :happy:

[QUOTE=lovemysons;919682]If you put 2 pairs of underwear in at a time, you will have none left to wear on the plane.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:[/QUOTE]

Hey, I own at least 4 pairs :laugh:

Perfect answer, goofy_scotty :biggrin:
thank you and welcome to MB :happy: