EMH's

As i am reading the guidebooks that I have, I am seeing more and more warnings for EMH’s. Almost everyday that I have planned is at a park w/EMHs. I am going in September…should I still be worried about it? Maybe redo all the plans…including dining ressies??:confused::confused::confused:

I guess it would help to know if you have Park Hopper Tickets or not. The parks do tend to fill early and remain full throughout the day.

You either love EMH or you don’t.

I personally love EMH and almost always take advantage of early EMH. At the most crowded times of the year, I’d get nothing done if it weren’t for EMH. For example, we were there this past year for New Year’s. On December 30, we went into MK at 11:00 that night, watched the fireworks. The rest of the park cleared out after the fireworks, but we stayed for evening EMH and hit all of the big attractions with little or no wait. The park wasn’t crowded at all.

Now, EMH is also a hit or miss. A few years ago (4th of July), we got to AK after EMH had already begun, and even though the park hadn’t officially opened, yet, it was already packed. Of course, we did the same thing, last weekend for Epcot, and the wait times were still low. It depends on what time of the year you’re going and what the crowds are like.

September is fairly uncrowded. We went last year for Labor Day and EMH worked great. We went into the park for EMH, then went to our breakfast reservations for later that morning. I suggest planning a late breakfast (10-11am) so you can tour the parks with minimal crowds, first. You definitely don’t want to have an 8:00 am breakfast ADR if EMH starts at 8:00 am that morning.

Are you getting park hopper tickets? If so, then you have little to worry about. If you get into the park and it gets crowded, leave. If you don’t have PH tickets, plan to take a resort break from noon-3 when the parks are the most crowded.

I think you’ll be fine. September usually isn’t that crowded, anyway, and EMH can very well work in your advantage. Just make sure that you wake up early and get to the parks BEFORE EMH begins that morning.

No park hoppers this time. We didn’t even use it last year, and honestly, I can afford the $100 extra! Im thinking I will be ok. I mean, the day we go to epcot they are open till 12am. So I think that will be ok, and the day we arrive is MK’s but we are only going to see Wishes.(they are open till 11pm, so if its not too crowded maybe we will hit some favorites!) I have never seen it! =**( We are going to DHS the day of the EMH as well, but are leaving around 6 or so to go back to the hotel to get ready for dinner at Yachtsman! So I guess Im pretty much avoiding the EMH major crowd at DHS…

We will do AM EMH at MK and HS. We do PM EMH at MK and AK. AK PM EMH is really relaxing. Take advangae of it.
YOu are going during a slower time since schools will be ack in session. You should be OK. Again, don’t miss AK PM EMH. Take time to walk around the park. You will not regret how peaceful a WDW park can be.

We used the late EMH’s this time around. We arrived last Weds PM and hit HS for a few hours to ride the major rides, surprisingly enough the waits were low. ToT was only a 5 min wait at 4:30PM! RR was about 15 mins if that. We did the few rides we wanted in HS then heading to AK to ride Everest and a few others and stayed until about 9:30/10PM.

Thursday we used Epcots EMH at night and stayed until after 10PM. Test Track was no less of a wait it was still over 60 mins. But other things before and after EMH’s were anywhere from 5 mins to 20 mins. Go figure.

Friday was used MK’s EMH and stayed until 2AM. We rode the bus from POFQ (only 3 passengers btw) then rode Jungle Cruise, POTC, and Haunted Mansion. Thunder Mountain was a long wait before and after the Electrical Parade, which we did without in order to hop on Jungle Cruise and POTC, which were walk ups at that time. The bus ride back to POFQ was uncrowded as they had about 10 more buses lined up to line up where needed.

In the past our trips have always been in late June/early July and the EMH’s always vary. This time we got lucky about 90% of the time.

I would play it by ear, on the first day we realized we got lucky w/ our vacation since most Florida schools hadn’t let out yet and most other schools were JUST out. Though I will say that on Friday AM, HS was a mad house due to Star Wars Weekend stuff going on. But otherwise we’d readily pull the kids out of school again to go when we did.

Our longest wait was Test Track, 70 mins. Used Fast Passes once for Rockin’ Roller Coaster, on Fri due to the Star Wars crowds. Most other rides we had less than 20 minutes at any time of day.

Thanks guys! Cant use AK EMH tho. We arent going until the day we leave. Neither of us particularly cared for it. So, we will go there and basically hangout till its time to go home!

We never do EMH in the am and we avoid whichever park has the am EMH because the crowds do tend to be bigger. We always try to take advantage of pm EMH by “hopping” over to whichever has the late hours. This has always worked well for our family.

We’ve always done the EMH. We love them. Early in or late out. We’re going in September this year for only 4 days. No Hopping this time but we’re doing MNSSHP on the 14th (midnight close), AK on the 15th (late close) and Epcot on the 17th (midnight close). The only day without extended hours for us is the 16th at HS. :frown: But we should be able to knock that park out on a regular day.

My biggest memory of EMH is in '02. that night my son (then 11) rode SM 3 times in a row with absolutely no wait time.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1036592]You either love EMH or you don’t.

I personally love EMH and almost always take advantage of early EMH. At the most crowded times of the year, I’d get nothing done if it weren’t for EMH. For example, we were there this past year for New Year’s. On December 30, we went into MK at 11:00 that night, watched the fireworks. The rest of the park cleared out after the fireworks, but we stayed for evening EMH and hit all of the big attractions with little or no wait. The park wasn’t crowded at all.

OMG!!! We were there that same night. Also, got the extra firework show. That was an amazing night and yeah we closed the place down at 3am.