Empress Lilly

What is it now and how is it. Used to love it as Empress Lilly.
Thanks.

Frank

fulton’s crabhouse

Empress Lilly

>>fulton’s crabhouse<,

How is it???
Frank

It’s pretty good. We have only ever experienced it sitting at the bar. Our favorite thing to do, sitting at the bar, having a small plate of something in the afternoon…

I checked and it looks like it is on the TIW plan.
I may have to check it out.
Thanks.
Frank

This was where I went to my very first Character breakfast in 1984. We have old pictures of me and my mom in line outside. I always think of that when I walk by Fulton’s now!

>>This was where I went to my very first Character breakfast in 1984. <<

Ate there a lot when it was Empress Lilly. Never as Fulton’s.
Frank

Fulton’s is excellent and they have an extensive dinner menu as well as many different kinds of fresh fish nightly.

>>Fulton’s is excellent and they have an extensive dinner menu as well as many different kinds of fresh fish nightly.<<

Super. Thanks for the info.
Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;1057350]>>Fulton’s is excellent and they have an extensive dinner menu as well as many different kinds of fresh fish nightly.<<

Super. Thanks for the info.
Frank[/QUOTE]

This used to be home to an awesome steakouse, Steerman’s Quarters…loved that place!

>>his used to be home to an awesome steakouse, Steerman’s Quarters…loved that place!<,

I seem to remember 2 restaurants there???
One a steak and the other a seafood restaurant??
Or am I thinking of another “boat” type restaurant.
Used to go to one in San Diego literally decades ago.
Loved it then. Not sure if it is still there or not.
I think it was on Harbour Island in downtown San Diego.
Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;1058555]>>his used to be home to an awesome steakouse, Steerman’s Quarters…loved that place!<,

Loved it then. Not sure if it is still there or not.
I think it was on Harbour Island in downtown San Diego.
Frank[/QUOTE]

The second restaurant there was called Fisherman’s Deck…we tried it once, but we’re not real keen on fish, so we never went back.

[QUOTE=fjs08;1058555]>>his used to be home to an awesome steakouse, Steerman’s Quarters…loved that place!<,

[/QUOTE]

I happen to have a 1982 Birnbaum’s WDW guide (boy is it thin!).

Steerman’s Quarters: This ornate Main Deck salon, full of heavy red upholstery and turned mahogany spindles and paneling, is named for the steering gear that would have occupied this area in one of the original stern wheelers. Meat is the big deal-cold prime ribs with minced horseradish, ground steak in puff pastry, strip steak, beef tenderloin-though oysters on the half shell and shrimp cocktail are available, along with specialty crepes stuffed with seafood in a white wine sauce, or diced chicken in Mornay sauce. At dinner prime ribs and a half dozen grilled meats are orderable. While you’re waiting for your food, you can sit by a big glass window that seems only inches away from the paddle wheel’s gleaming sprays of water. No reservations are accepted, give your name to the hostess and wait in the Promenade Lounge or the Baton Rouge Lounge. L, D.

Back then they divided the Empress Lilly into 3 restaurants; The Fisherman’s Deck, The Empress Room, and The Steerman’s Quarters, and two bars; Baton Rouge Lounge and Promenade Lounge.
It looks like Steerman’s was the “steakhouse” while Fisherman’s Deck was the seafood spot. It looks like Empress Room was the upscale venue here.

>>Back then they divided the Empress Lilly into 3 restaurants; <<

Wow. Thanks for the info. I do remember now the 3 sites. Brings back memories.<g>

Frank

The first time I went to Disney we ate in the Empress Room, very elegant dining. We had the best lobster, but even a better dessert! Chocolate Bell Cake, the richest best chocolate cake in the world. I have been looking for the recipe, anyone know where I can get it. Been looking for years!