Enchanted Tiki Room soft opening

The new version of the Enchanted Tiki Room (under old management) is scheduled to open today, but there was a soft opening yesterday. wdwmagic posted a video (I haven’t watched it because I want to see it for myself when I go back!) of the soft opening here: WDWMAGIC.COM WDW, Walt Disney World News Rumors Photos Reviews Discussion Forum

Some details from wdwmagic about the “new” Tiki Room show:

As expected, the show has been returned to the original classic show that Magic Kingdom guests have loved since the 70s. There are a few changes here and there, but on the whole, anyone looking for a return to the original show will be pleased with the result. Now that the “New management” have been given the boot, the Tiki Room should become a regular “must-see” for the Disney fans once again.

YIPEE!! I can’t wait to see it in October. Thank you for the update :slight_smile:

I’m so pleased that it has been returned to the “original” version. The Classics should remain - well - classic.

I also have refrained from watching the video as I want to save the excitement for when I get there in 10 days!!

When we were there on 8/13, they were putting the finishing varnish on the hand railings. We figured it was getting pretty close to opening.

Do they still serve Mai Tai’s?

I thought Mia Tai was a persona non grata?

Not sure if we’re talking about the same Mai Tai.
It occurs to me that they serve drinks at the Enchanted Tiki Bar, not the Tiki Room.
My mistake.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1087279]Not sure if we’re talking about the same Mai Tai.
It occurs to me that they serve drinks at the Enchanted Tiki Bar, not the Tiki Room.
My mistake.[/QUOTE]

I was probably thinking Mia Farrow. My bad.

There are somethings that should not be messed with…like classic Tiki.

For a second I thought maybe you were thinking Bali Hai, as sung by Bloody Mary.

Did Mia Farrow replace Gilbert?

I gotta love the way posts play off each other sometimes. Another giggle in the morning for me here.

Can anyone replace Gilbert?:cool:

YES!!! Anyone can replace Gilbert and the show will improve 10 fold.

Spoken like someone who’s got a problem with obnoxious over the top Jewish comics from Brooklyn.:ohmy:

can’t wait to finally check out enchanted tiki room next week :smile: