Enjoying VWL

We’ve been at the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge (VWL) since last Saturday, Oct 23. We’ll be headed back home on the morning of the 31st.

This has been a different trip than prior ones, as I was diagnosed with heart problems in March and have been on ACE inhibitors, beta blockers, and the like, all of which causes extreme fatigue.

Thus, we’ve spent a grand total of 90 minutes inside the theme parks this entire week, spread across two parks. I haven’t gone on a single attraction this trip. Honestly, you really get to appreciate the resort itself more when you stay away from the parks.

We’ve relaxed by the pool or in the room most of this trip. We got the same great room that we’ve had on prior visits - a 1 BR on the 5th floor.

While this 8-night trip is winding down, we’re just 35 days away from our next 8-night stay in a 1-BR at BLT.

A few Magic Kingdom shots:

Shopping at Downtown Disney

Walking from the Beach Club into Epcot

Epcot

I’ve really enjoyed playing with my new Nikon D7000 DSLR camera that I got just two weeks ago. Highly recommended!

Beautiful pictures, as always!! Sorry to hear about your heart problems, I hope that you get lots of rest and relaxation on your trip!!

Wow, love the pictures and thank you for sharing them. Sorry about your health and I hope it gets better for you.

Sorry to hear about your health problems. Your pictures are great. Hope you are feeling better for your next trip and that you can do more in the parks next time you go.

Nice shots!! I was wondering what camera you were using to get such clear, beautiful pix!! Thanks for sharing…I hope your health improves. My husband underwent a liver transplant in June, therefore he was not able to go with my DS and I on our recent trip to WDW a few weeks ago.

Mike, pictures are as wonderful as ever. It’s so nice to see the things that we always seem to run by in a rush to get somewhere. I do remember a few things you shot, but yet I have the “where was that?” feeling for a lot of the pictures.

Sorry to hear about your health problems. I hope it improves for you. Love the pictures, as always!

We rented a pontoon boat at the Wilderness Lodge marina, and spent some time tooling around Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon.

Bay Lake Tower

Grand Floridian

Wedding Chapel

Old River Country (and rumored future DVC location?)

Awesome pictures as usual Mike! Hope you’re feeling good, sorry to hear about those health troubles. Take care of yourself!

Awesome pictures! Thanks for the picture of BLT (our home). We are getting more excited by the day. I am on Beta Blockers as well, but that is the extent of it. Just listen to what the doctors say and things will be okay.

Thanks so much for the great pictures, once again! Is there a big difference, in your opinion, with the D7000? Hope your health improves. I’m glad you got to take it easy and enjoy a relaxing WDW vacation.

I gave my wife the Nikon D5000, which is still a great camera.

The Nikon D7000 is probably one of the best APS-C format digital SLRs around. I like the expanded ISO, increased resolution, new and better auto focusing and metering, and 1080p HD video.

I’m extremely happy with the D7000!

As always great pics! You continue to follow your doc’s instructions and be sure to relax.

[QUOTE=DVC Mike;1055301]I gave my wife the Nikon D5000, which is still a great camera.

The Nikon D7000 is probably one of the best APS-C format digital SLRs around. I like the expanded ISO, increased resolution, new and better auto focusing and metering, and 1080p HD video.

I’m extremely happy with the D7000![/QUOTE]

Sounds like it might be time for us to upgrade- thanks for the review!

Great pics as always! Hopefully on the next trip your body will have adjusted to the meds and you will feel better. As already mentioned, follow drs. orders and take care of yourself.

Thank you for sharing the pictures!! They are fantastic!!!

Can’t wait to hear about your next trip too.

Hope you are feeling better soon. (((HUGS)))

As always AWESOME pictures!!