Enough with the Pin Trading already!

i am so sick of this whole pin trading thing. don’t get me wrong, i have a handful of the more collectible pins you would get for completing a scavenger hunt, or winning a poolside trivia contest or something of that nature… but the pin stations and stores (such as the big open one in disney market place or the big stupid hat at hollywood studios) take up sentimental space or in extreme cases obstruct views!

ugh… i miss walking into MGM and seeing the chinese theater…

sorry to all you pin-toting, lanyard wearing, trading obsessed fans. i don’t get it. you can tote that huge carrying case around with you all day, i’m not going to spend ten bucks a pop on the things…

I can take or leave the pin trading. My kids really look forward to it though. For me, its a whatever. But it is really fun for the little ones and for them we get excited when they get to trade. It becomes a cute to game at times. Lets see who gets the nice pins. Everyone has their opinion on pin trading. I don"t think we will be giving it up anytime soon.

Everyone enjoys different things. I don’t pin trade, but if it’s a source of enjoyment to those who do - well, that’s ok with me. To each their own. What I don’t like are those “professional” traders at DTD. I saw one guy make a little girl cry.

My kids love it and will be doing it when we are there. However I do try to push them to only trade with CM.

ugh…those “professional” traders :blow:

i personally enjoy pin trading…and my DH and DD do too!
it’s fun to do while waiting in line or waiting on a parade…

we buy traders online and then “trade up” while at wdw…we have our own specific types of pins we collect…so it’s always fun to get rid of odd ones and add to our individualized collections:
me: fab 5 with gold
dd: princesses…any +tink
dh: tigger, peter pan and tink

ick!!! pins pins pins!

:laugh:

[QUOTE=WiseguyJohnny;1041071]i am so sick of this whole pin trading thing. don’t get me wrong, i have a handful of the more collectible pins you would get for completing a scavenger hunt, or winning a poolside trivia contest or something of that nature… but the pin stations and stores (such as the big open one in disney market place or the big stupid hat at hollywood studios) take up sentimental space or in extreme cases obstruct views!

ugh… i miss walking into MGM and seeing the chinese theater…

sorry to all you pin-toting, lanyard wearing, trading obsessed fans. i don’t get it. you can tote that huge carrying case around with you all day, i’m not going to spend ten bucks a pop on the things…[/QUOTE]

To each his own. I don’t understand the professional traders but if guests want to do a little trading I don’t care. No one has to do it so someone can pass on it if he or she isn’t interested.

My daughter loves her pins and each means something special to her, she won’t trade them-she actually leaves 3 of her lanyards at home displayed in her room. We do look all over for cheap pins, we use to get also of clearence ones at the Disney store, haven’t found any lately. Like I said she only trades the cheaper ones that mean nothing to her with cast members and only for ones that she really wants to collect. She also likes getting her very close friends that also have lots of Disney pins, pins from trips that their family doesn’t go on with us. I guess I am going to need to look for a special pin for each of my kids on my adult only trip the first week of August.

I personally am not into the whole pin trading thing either, but it doesn’t really bother me that other people enjoy it. I will say that on my past few trips that it doesn’t seem to be as popular as it has been in the past.

On a side note, I really don’t get the hype around the whole Vinylmation thing. I don’t think they are cute and I kind of feel like they are forcing them down my throat and making me like them. But to each his own.

down with the giant sorcerer mickey hat! :blow:

[QUOTE=PeterPansPixie;1041124]I personally am not into the whole pin trading thing either, but it doesn’t really bother me that other people enjoy it. I will say that on my past few trips that it doesn’t seem to be as popular as it has been in the past.

On a side note, I really don’t get the hype around the whole Vinylmation thing. I don’t think they are cute and I kind of feel like they are forcing them down my throat and making me like them. But to each his own.[/QUOTE]

Down with Vinylmation!!

Wow, OK, sorry you don’t like pin trading. :blink:

Wow, I’m sorry you hate pins so much…

We :heart: pin trading. :happy: My dh and I have a few characters that we collect. We buy cheap traders and trade them for what we want when we get to Disney. We mainly just trade with CMs. We don’t stalk people looking for pins. We just think it’s fun. I agree the professional traders are just scary, we steer clear of them.

Dh collects: Jessica Rabbit and Chip and Dale
I collect: Figment :wub:

Wow, such a Debbie Downer, Wiseguy. It seems you are exerting way too much energy focusing on what you don’t like. Let it go and find your Zen.

I am not a pin trade so can someone please tell me what a “professional pin trader is?”

For us personally, we use the pins as gifts or sovenirs for the kids. The only thing special to us about them is that my Nana got some over 10 to 15 years ago so those are sentimental to us.
So other than having the little stations and areas in the stores…we’re good.
Not super pin trader by any means. Although I have seen it keep kids quiet and busy when they would be bored and probably ready for meltdowns.

My whole family of 4 love pin trading. We don’t do much with the pros at the parks because they can be really rude but we don’t let that get in our way. The CMs are great with trading and we even have a group near home that we meet with (Central Jersey Disney Pin Traders). We get pins from Ebay to help build the collection. The kids really get into it at the parks and at our local meets. I know not everyone gets into it but I hope Disney doesn’t get rid of it.

We don’t have any vinylmation yet but I’m sure the kids will catch on to that too.

We’re not traders, but we’re definitely pin buyers! :laugh: I usually keep a spare trader in my pocket just in case I spot something on a lanyard that I HAVE to have, but we’re not really into asking people to trade. Usually we just spot the ones we love in the store and snatch 'em up!

I don’t care for pin trading myself. I’m just amazed at the price and the weight of some of those pins. Which then makes me amazed of some adults you see with vests, hats, jackets, etc. all loaded with pins. I see them and think (a) all that money and (b) those must weigh a ton.