Epcot and buses BITD

…I was having this discussion with someone…about Epcot and the buses.

Didn’t the buses used to drop you off closer at some point? I seem to remember way back …that they pulled up closer to the front of the entrance…almost where the parking tram lets off now…

Trivial stuff but…I am pretty sure that 25 years ago we were let off closer…of course back then there were less resorts and less buses…

Another Sr Moment while I’m on the Epcot subject. Did the monorail go directly to Epcot from the MK? And when did that end? :confused:

Can’t remember about the buses at Epcot, but i am pretty sure that the monorail was always like it is now. Before epoch, there were the two loops around the MK. When Epcot was added, then they had to connect the two somehow, and this was it.

I know the buses tend to drop you off as close as possible, but going back to your spot is normally a different ball game. I don’t know if the stops are further away or I’m getting older…lol

They’ve built a second group of bus stops that is farther out than the original bus stops for a total of 28 stops and parking/marshaling areas.
The tram drop off is where it’s always been as is the monorail station.
The Epcot line was added in 1982 to connect the TTC with Epcot and never directly connected MK to Epcot.
And it seems that these days, you’re more likely to be dropped in the middle of the second station with your bus shuffling off to a totally different route.

…I wonder why I have it in my head that when it first opened, we rode straight through to Epcot or th MK…funny how the old brain works…I remember the TTC as being a different car…oh well…

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1112921]They’ve built a second group of bus stops that is farther out than the original bus stops for a total of 28 stops and parking/marshaling areas.
The tram drop off is where it’s always been as is the monorail station.
The Epcot line was added in 1982 to connect the TTC with Epcot and never directly connected MK to Epcot.
And it seems that these days, you’re more likely to be dropped in the middle of the second station with your bus shuffling off to a totally different route.[/QUOTE]

…so it is my brain…

…hmmmm wonder when the sr citizen discounts start…do they go by real age or brain age??? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Either 60 or 62 seems to be the entry level for senior discounts most of the time.

I reserve comment:rolleyes: