Epcot Beer Walk!

While we are there in May we always make sure to do our Epcot Beer Walk, We start in Canada - catch Off Kilter for 1 set (about 20 minutes) get our max amount of LeBatt Beer (5 cups each, at least thats what the server told us at the stand) work are way down to the UK -The Rose & Crown for some Bass (I miss the yard of Beer they use to sell !!!) Try to catch the Beatle cover band and then we stumble thru France and Japan and drop anchor right in front of the American Adventure for awhile (Bud Light…Yeah)…Last Year we watched Peter Noone (I think) at the Theatre. After Illuminations we work are way towards Germany and on to China. We switch gears in Mexico( Margarita’s ) Ole’… Then we catch the bus back to our hotel … if we only remember where that is ??? Hmmmmmm.

Hey Tell me more about this Beatles cover band- how often they play what time of day Thanks.

:laugh::laugh:beer walk-- when do you start to crawl:laugh::laugh:sounds like a good walk to me

I think they are called the “British Invasion”, I never see a listing of their times… but we always catch them in the evening in the UK stage behind the stores. They play mostly early stuff and we have heard “Hey Jude” from time to time … great live music

We caught them in November and they are really good. It is a nice break to sit or dance and listen to them.

You do this AFTER IllumiNations?
You do know that the park is closed when IllumiNations ends. I’m not sure, but I’d guess they cut off alcohol sales at 9 PM.
I don’t see how you could possibly do three beer stops after IllumiNations.

I think they’re just OK, nothing special. Off Kilter is much much better, and certainly more original. I’d guess their set time structure is similar to Off Kilter, which means they start some time around 2 PM and do 4 sets during the afternoon. Probably 30 on and 30 off.
Frankly, I think Moroccan Roll is more interesting than The British Invasion.
But hey, I remember seeing The Beatles on Sullivan in Feb. 64 and strangely, being tipped off to them in Oct 63 while I was still in the third grade by a classmate whose father must have worked for Capitol Records.
That’s right, I knew they were coming before most people.

We switch gears in Mexico( Margarita’s )

You had margaritas? My mother has those frozen ones all the time when were at epcot

I have never tasted all of the beer around the world showcase. I’m sure there are many different kinds. My favorite beer served is found outside the American Adventure and is called Winter’s Bourbon Cask Ale.:smile: I also like the Stella Artois in England at the Rose & Crown.:donald:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;932145]You do this AFTER IllumiNations?
You do know that the park is closed when IllumiNations ends. I’m not sure, but I’d guess they cut off alcohol sales at 9 PM.
I don’t see how you could possibly do three beer stops after IllumiNations.[/QUOTE]

What about EMH? Doesn’t Illuminations go at its regular time and things stay open after that? Maybe… ? :happy:

And may I just say, I discovered Harp at the little stand outside of Rose & Crown… yummm… I crave one every time I’m in Epcot now!!

We work are way thru Germany and China … we don’t hit another beer stand… then at Mexico they still are up and we get the Margarita!!! We already are feeling good by the time we hit “Philadelphia”, that’s what we call the GAA stop. We watch the live act, load up on thold standard “Bud Light”, watch Illuminations and start moving trowards the exit… and hit an occasional bathroom on the way ya’ know!!!

SOUNDGOD - YES … Off Kilter is better … they arer more creative with the music. Bagpipes and Guitars, I only wish they played a longer set!

You may be right. He didn’t mention EMH and I forgot about that possibility. However, I’m still not sure how many kiosks remain open during EMH and how many close. I know most of the CS and all of the sit down restaurants are closed during EMH.

[QUOTE=WALL;932271]
SOUNDGOD - YES … Off Kilter is better … they arer more creative with the music. Bagpipes and Guitars, I only wish they played a longer set![/QUOTE]

Four and five sets a day, six days a week gets to be pretty grueling for any band, even when your stage is mostly set when you get there.
Plus, the management doesn’t want any performer spending long amounts of time on stage. They want people to be entertained and then move on to the next thing, next meal, or next shop. That won’t happen if Off Kilter is playing for one hour straight.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;932294]Four and five sets a day, six days a week gets to be pretty grueling for any band, even when your stage is mostly set when you get there.
Plus, the management doesn’t want any performer spending long amounts of time on stage. They want people to be entertained and then move on to the next thing, next meal, or next shop. That won’t happen if Off Kilter is playing for one hour straight.[/QUOTE]

Very good point Doug. Disney wants you to keep moving. While we Love Off Kilter, we are especially drawn to the early shows of the British Invasion, as it brings us back to our youth. Their first set is the early 60’s, and the progressive sets move through the years for the most part.

even with EMH only future world is open

Gotta try the Carlsberg beer at Norway-yummy, cold and frothy

Hey Soundgod, why are you acting so uptight? I thought this was a place to share fun experiences at Disney World? Why would someone want to lie about something so trivial? Maybe the exact flow of occurences, time, etc. aren’t 100% accurate, but the experience still took place. Since my husband is the one that placed the original post, I’m pretty certain that I can verify that we do our “beer walk” and have experienced all that he has talked about. Take a chill pill dude and just enjoy the site and possibility for friendly conversations.

Oh that’s true… I don’t know if I’ve ever tried to get food or drink during EMH. I just assumed they might have things open since there were still people in the park. Although I can certainly understand them not keeping the CS and sit down restaurants open… that probably wouldn’t be very cost-effective. At all. :laugh:

Actually I think the rides in Mexico and Norway are open in World Showcase for EMH too. They have been the times I’ve done EMH at Epcot anyway.

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;932399]
Actually I think the rides in Mexico and Norway are open in World Showcase for EMH too. They have been the times I’ve done EMH at Epcot anyway.[/QUOTE]

You are right. Actually, the official hours for Future World are 9-7 while World Showcase is 11-9.
They keep Soarin’, Test Track, and Mission Space open until park closing because they are the attractions that everyone wants to ride, especially Soarin’ with it’s 70 minute wait times. I’m pretty sure Spaceship Earth is also open until park close, if only because of it’s location.
For morning EMH, only the Future World attractions are open, in the evening they add the World Showcase rides, all two of them.:laugh:

I’ve gotten beer from the stand in the GAA while they were closing(and had already shut down), In fact it was free!!! When they were open they even had it ready for me when it was my turn in line !!! I don’t know what the hours are for serving , but I know that last year we had what seemed an endless supply in the “Philadelphia” section!!! I was cut off in Canada, so that’s what started this walking to the next country for beer thing!!!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;932145]I think they’re just OK, nothing special. Off Kilter is much much better, and certainly more original. I’d guess their set time structure is similar to Off Kilter, which means they start some time around 2 PM and do 4 sets during the afternoon. Probably 30 on and 30 off.
Frankly, I think Moroccan Roll is more interesting than The British Invasion.
But hey, I remember seeing The Beatles on Sullivan in Feb. 64 and strangely, being tipped off to them in Oct 63 while I was still in the third grade by a classmate whose father must have worked for Capitol Records.
That’s right, I knew they were coming before most people.[/QUOTE]

thank for that.
I’m now looking forward to a rainy afternoon in the world:laugh: Beer and a sing song

They show the films in US and France (and maybe Canada and China too) during PM EMH. And I do recall kiosks being open-maybe not restaurants though. It doesn’t make sense that they’d close everything-they want your money that you’ll spend on food and drink, right?? Actually, in Future World, the Electric Umbrella CS is open during PM EMH too…we’ve never gone, but its an option