Epcot Dive Quest?

Does anyone know the cost of Epcot Dive Quest?

From Passporter.com

Epcot DiveQuest is a 3-hour experience, open to certified scuba divers ages 10 and up (guests ages 10-14 must be accompanied by a scuba-certified adult). The cost is $175 per person, with discounts available for divers certified by PADI or NAUI. Dives take place each day at 4:30 and 5:30 p.m. Advance reservations are required and can be made by calling (407) WDW-PLAY. Park admission is not required to participate in Epcot DiveQuest, but you are released into the park at the conclusion of the dive. So, if you participate in the early dive, you will have a few hours to spend at Epcot before it closes. To avoid cross-contamination, Epcot DiveQuest provides all the diving gear other than a swimsuit, but you are permitted to wear your own mask, if desired.

My DH did it over a year ago and it was great! I stayed out and watched him in the aquarium and I can’t wait until it is my turn!

I did the snorkel version and loved it. A great experience.

My SIL did it this past winter and loved it.

I did Dolphins in Depth some years back (2003 or 2004, not sure which).
That was pretty good too.
No diving, but you are in the water on a platform with the dolphins and they are friendly (and powerful).

Doug, please - stay on point. no squirrel

From what I understand, you did the Epcot Beer Quest and were provided not with a snorkel, but with a beer bong and beer goggles:laugh:

Snokel makes a GREAT straw. :laugh:

I’ve done the snuba one. Better than snorkel because when you turn your head you don’t get a snorkel full of water. You have a very small tank on your back and float along the top to watch all of the fishies. Pretty neat thing to do if you don’t have scuba cert.

Thanks All I will try the beer quest after the dive.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1039465]Snokel makes a GREAT straw. :laugh:

…[/QUOTE]

I drank your milkshake!

Just so long as I’m not in the same tank with the sharks, although I’d have no problem with the rays.
I’d really like to swim with the manatees.:wub:

I did the dive many many years ago and it has to be at the top of my list as far as having my Disney moment along with the RPDE.

RPDE?
I know most of the abbreviations, but this one escapes even me.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1039675]RPDE?
I know most of the abbreviations, but this one escapes even me.[/QUOTE]

Richard Petty Driving Experience

I want to do both but save one for next year. I’ll go with the dive quest this year!

THAT is a pretty pricey diversion.
Especially when I can drive from Coral Springs to Exit 248 at an average speed of 80 MPH for 2 and a half straight hours just to get to WDW, in traffic, and not solo.
Do they offer a Richard Petty Pit Stop Experience too?:cool:
For the cost of the full up driving experience ($2099), I can charter the Grand One for the night and have a romantic dinner for two, fireworks included.

For the cost of the rookie experience ($449), I can do a fireworks cruise with a pontoon boat and have it catered.

http://www.drivepetty.com/Experience/driveexp.aspx

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1039733]THAT is a pretty pricey diversion.
Especially when I can drive from Coral Springs to Exit 248 at an average speed of 80 MPH for 2 and a half straight hours just to get to WDW, in traffic, and not solo.
Do they offer a Richard Petty Pit Stop Experience too?:cool:
For the cost of the full up driving experience ($2099), I can charter the Grand One for the night and have a romantic dinner for two, fireworks included.

For the cost of the rookie experience ($449), I can do a fireworks cruise with a pontoon boat and have it catered.

Car Driving Experience, Drive a NASCAR | Richard Petty Driving Experience[/QUOTE]

SG, it is cheaper to go rent a Camero or Mustang for the day (request a hardtop V6 model) for about $160. Then head off to Naples. I got my MR2 up to 105 (stupid gov tops me off there) and was still being passed by just about everyone.

Oh if you get pulled over it will get really expensive really fast…just part of the excitement I guess.

(there are some places up in Delray/Boca that rent Lambos and Ferrari among other exotics for the week or month. I don’t think they do day rentals and they probably cost a bit more then RPDE…but the ride last a lot longer)

Tigger, you’ve got a governor that limits your speed?
That stinks, I’ve gotten my Millenia up to 125 and I still had both speedometer and accelerator play left. I just didn’t want to call down the thunder involved in doing 140 in a 70 zone. I think the best ticket I’ve gotten, the trooper had pity on me and wrote me for only doing 80 in a 65. I got pegged on the turnpike by the plane between the ramp to the main line from the Homestead extension and Hollywood Blvd and I know for a fact I was doing 100 for about a minute.
I think being polite had a lot to do with his leniency.
You must be talking about Alligator Alley between the Indian truck stop and Highway 29.