Epcot Flower and Garden Festival

OK, who here has been to the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival?
I am so thrilled that I am going to at WDW at the start of it. I have seen many many pictures. So tell me, does it look even better in person? It just looks so beautiful I can’t wait to see it:wub:

It’s absolutely GORGEOUS! The toperairys are awesome! You will have so much fun strolling through the gardens of the different countries. We will be there for opening day this year, and we were there on the last day in 2008!

Ditto. We’ve been twice and love, love, love it.

It’s amazing!! This year will be our third time going. I hope you have a great trip!!

I was amazed by the Topiaries the time we went. They are gorgeous and take years to grow! The weather was perfect. Oh, I hope you have a fantastic time!

I just received the Passholder Mickey Monitor mag, and there are pictures in there of this years topiaries and they are awesome! MAKE SURE you pick up a special events guide when you enter the park, so you can go to all the cool things.

We go around Mother’s Day each year . . . I :heart: it! :happy:

My favorite part of the F&GF is that they have super cool playgrounds set up every few countries for kids to play on. It makes strolling the countries with little rugrats much more fun for them. Plus, I can actually enjoy my beverage of choice while they are playing!!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;934053]I just received the Passholder Mickey Monitor mag, and there are pictures in there of this years topiaries and they are awesome! MAKE SURE you pick up a special events guide when you enter the park, so you can go to all the cool things.

We go around Mother’s Day each year . . . I :heart: it! :happy:[/QUOTE]

Are you going Mother’s Day this year??? We’ll be there for it then!!

We’re been before and it’s beautiful. My DD especially loves the butterfly garden.

Not only does it look better in person, but it SMELLS better too!

It is our favorite time to go to WDW because of the topiaries and the plantings, but there are a few standouts:

-The jasmine all around the World Showcase Lagoon are in full bloom, and that jasmine smell floats all around the world. It’s so delicious!

-The magnolia trees are in full bloom too. I love magnolias and the way they smell too! It’s a Southern thang!

-The Italy Pavilion has the most incredible potted gardens – be sure to get REAL CLOSE to give them all a smell! :cool::laugh:

-Make sure you look around every corner and in ever nook and cranny. There are topiaries everywhere, and they are the most creative incredible displays you have ever seen! Often, there are CMS who are pampering the topiaries, with little misting bottles and adding a few sprigs here and there. Once, they let us attach a new little plug of ivy to a topiary, which is secured with a regular bobby pin!

-Wait until you see the orchids in the trees by the Mexico Pavilion! Absolutely amazing.

-Head over to the rose garden walkway that is a “short cut” from WS sort of near Canada to the Future World Club Cool area… they have little tutorials and booths et up there, and they have given away packs of seeds, which we brought home to plant in our yard. NICE!

[QUOTE=momofaprincess;934056]Are you going Mother’s Day this year??? We’ll be there for it then!!

We’re been before and it’s beautiful. My DD especially loves the butterfly garden.[/QUOTE]

I hope so! We’ll have to meet up and say HI!!

My DDs love the butterfly gardens and the ladybug release too! :wub:

We are going for the first time this year, and I am just beside myself with excitement!!! I can’t wait to see all the topiaries in person. :slight_smile:

I love the Jasmine and the Magnolias as well. The topiaries are incredible. If you stop in the Kidcot garden areas, the CM’s will give you tidbits of information and point out many details that you may not have otherwise noticed. Every trip we’ve done has been during the F&GF, so I really don’t know Disney any different, but their gardens are always amazing.

We have been to the F&GF for the last 10 years, but this year we are not going. We decided to go to Phoenix for spring training and to visit our friends who retired and moved there. You will love the F&GF, I know I do. The weather is usually great!
The only comment I have is I noticed they have reduced the concerts at American Gardens Theater to weekends only. Another cutback.

I never thought of that! I did not realize I could be even more excited about this trip. I could honestly say, :blush:I have that same feeling you got on your first visit to WDW! And the way you have described it I can hardly wait. Thank you for the wonderful information and the beautiful picture you have painted in my mind.:wub:

You are going to :heart: it!

I love the garden festival! If you want to see more pictures I have alot!

I never knew the F&GF had so much stuff going on. Playgrounds, ladybug releases, and a Butterfly Garden? Wow.

Where is the Butterfly Garden and please tell me more about the ladybug release. Suddenly Epcot is sounding more appealing to me (it’s usually my least fav park).

If anyone has pics, please post them. I want to see!

I dug up one of my old TR’s and there are some pics in there from it!!

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/36473-our-unplanned-full-magical-surprises-trip.html

[QUOTE=momofaprincess;934193]I dug up one of my old TR’s and there are some pics in there from it!!

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/36473-our-unplanned-full-magical-surprises-trip.html[/QUOTE]

I just looked at them. Very pretty. DD is going to love F&GF. She’s a “flower freak” - she loves flowers. I’m sure we’ll have to stop and smell the roses, literally. :laugh:

The butterfly garden was our favorite part, too. But even DS got into taking a bazillion pictures of the flowers and topiaries. Especially the ones at the entrance and the volleyball ones by World Showcase. He was very impressed. We went through the one building dedicated to the festival. The train set up was awesome! :happy: