Epcot opening day tickets!

Hello all,

My friends are in town to go to the parks and they have two unused EPCOT opening day tickets. They are good for three days admission. The tickets were given to her from her father after he died. The tickets were bought the year before Epcot opened. Should they use the tickets or sell them for cash?

Tor2ga

Since there doesn’t seem to be any interest in keeping them for a collectible or for sentimental reasons, I’d say a little research is required to see how much they’re worth.

I would also see how much they are worth. There are people out there that will buy anything and this definately is a big one for someone that collects that type of memerabilia

Definitely have them evaluated for value. Disney collectors would find them interesting. Plus who knows if Epcot would accept them.

We went to Epcot today.
The tickets were good for three day park hopper with no expiration date. Friends had a great time, they had never been before. Just got back. The tickets were bought for $30 dollars each in 1981 and had a value of $309 today. And a great souvenir.:mickey:

Tor2ga

[QUOTE=Tor2ga;1045761]We went to Epcot today.
The tickets were good for three day park hopper with no expiration date. Friends had a great time, they had never been before. Just got back. The tickets were bought for $30 dollars each in 1981 and had a value of $309 today. And a great souvenir.:mickey:

Tor2ga[/QUOTE]

Very nice! Glad you were able to use them and have a great time. Talk about more bang for your buck! I am sure that if you wanted to you could probably still sell the used tickets to a collector.

I guess if you think about it, prices haven’t gone up that much since '82. Pretty much in line with everything else.:rolleyes:

Now that’s quite a bargain! I’m glad they had a good time and put them to good use! I bet their father is too!

Wow! That is amazing! Good for them!

Lisa

Wow those would be so cool to own! A little piece of Disney history!

When my friends went home, they left me one of the ticket stubs. They could tell I really wanted one. It is too cool. I will add it to my Disneyland ticket and ride ticket book.

:mickey:

That is just awesome. Glad they had fun!

I’d love to see a picture of your ticket stub!

I have opening day tickets too! I think it was a three day pass, and because they left people staying at the park, they left us in the day before. So luckily we saw almost everything the day before. I remember Spaceship Earth was down most of opening day, so we were lucky to see it the day before. That was my first time at Disney, so everything was so magical.
I would like to see how much the tickets are worth. I have two adults and one child

I see if I can find the tickets and scan them.

I hope the pictures work!