EPCOT Segway Tour - Anyone experience it

Since my DW and I will be going with friends this year, were are thinking about splitting on our own :laugh: for a few hours one morning to do the Segway Tour. Has anyone did this tour? Looks like a cool way to see parts of the park.

If you can wait about 2 weeks I’ll let you know. We’ve got it scheduled for next Tuesday.

GOOD DEAL!

I’ve done it twice. It was fabulous!

The only bad part was, they made us give it back at the end.

What do you want to know about it?

I’ve got a question. Did you guys try videotaping while riding? Did it seem possible with next to no practice.

Is this hard to book? I have actually seen some youtube footage of people taping while riding.

We went with friends a couple of years ago and the guys did it and loved it. They are talkinga bout doing it again this summer when we go.

It shouldn’t be hard to book. They offer three starting times for the tour and there should be space for you on most days. As far as tours, I’ve never been turned away from any tour I’ve wanted. The only thing I’ve had trouble with was booking a boat for an Illuminations fireworks cruise.

I also have a question about this tour for anyone who’s been. The reason we decided against it was b/c to me it just sounded like you are given a segway and all you do is zoom around the World Showcase. Is this correct, or am I missing big part of it? Do you learn anything, like is it an ACTUAL tour? Or you just ride a Segway around?

It’s really just a SegWay tour, more for those wanting to ride a SegWay and not wanting to learn more about WS. The guides are in the front and back of the line so there’s not muck talking as you move around. The learning part is learning to ride the thing then you get to go out and use it in WS.

Ah ok, thank you DT. I am glad we decided against it 'cause LITERALLY I would be SO distracted by an empty World Showcase that I’d NOT ride the segway and take pictures the whole time in all the countries. :laugh: They probably don’t let you do that but that’s exactly why this tour isn’t for me. :laugh: PS: my friend, could you PM me the info to get the personalized menu & diver sign at Coral Reef? Thank you. :heart:

I didn’t really care one way or the other, Gail wanted to do it. It is mostly about being able to ride the Segways around World Showcase without having to worry about pedestrians.
For backstage tours, consider Undiscovered Future World. Not sure what else they offer for World Showcase off the top of my head.

I can give some info and answer some questions about the segway tour. I am actually one of the Guest Relations guides!

First of all - We do ask that there is no video taping while you are riding the segway. We prefer for you to keep both hands on the segway whenever possible. If you want one of us, or whoever you are with to film you while you ride, that is absolutely fine.

There is usually plenty availability at least a week or so in advance. We actually offer four tours a day every day. Tours are at 7:45, 8:30, 9:00 and 9:30. I always reccommend the 7:45 because it’s the least crowded in the park. Of course if you in a Disney Resort transportation could be tricky.

Let’s see what else. You are not just given a segway to go zooming around. You spend a good chunk of your time training in Innoventions Segway Central. We are there with you every step of the way and most people are more than ready to go out to the World Showcase by that time.

I feel bad but I have to disagree with DisneyTeacher. As the Guest Relations Guide it is my job to give you a tour of the World Showcase. It is a guided tour with plenty of information. We integrate the riding experience with an actual tour. We stop in nearly every country (time permitting of course) and give facts, history and in my case terrible jokes. :slight_smile: You get to ride though the country as well. We’ve really worked hard to make this tour comperable, if not better than any guided tour on property. Sorry if I’m a little biased.

It’s really a wonderful tour, I’ve had people 16 to over 65 come and have a great time! I don’t want to read that someone is glad they didn’t book it! Ah! It’s definately worth a shot, you’ll learn as much in two hours on our tour as two hours on any other tour, and there’s not as much walking!

We’re in the 9:30 group next Tuesday the 25th. I wanted to take advantage of the EMH and then do the tour. I have no expectations, other than it be enjoyable.

I think whether you get a good tour of the WS depends on who is leading the tour. The first time we went we were told much more than the second time.

It really is a lot of fun. Not only did we book it for a second tour at WDW, but we booked a Segway tour in Bermuda this summer too.

And Rosebud, the guy in Bermuda had a microphone and we all had an earphone so we could hear everything he said. It was very helpful. Do they have any plans to do that at WDW, do you know?

Also, I heard they were thinking of offering an extended Segway tour to guests in the future. How’s that going? I really do know how to work one now and would have a blast scooting around for a longer time!

They’ve been doing this in AK since 2004. And yes, it is really helpful.
We had wireless headsets on both Wild By Design and Backstage Safari.

The first hour is spent learning how to drive the Segway. You really will feel good about it by the time you get outside.

But they request that you not take pics while driving.

Don’t feel bad, my information is coming fomr my DH who took the tour in July of 2005. He said they didn’t have little ear pieces to listen to a guide and they stopped maybe twice (in China and Italy). He said the guides said they wanted to give them lots of time to ride around not stop and talk, his words.

I don’t remember all the details of teh tour but he had to be at the park an hour before it opened that day and they were done at 11, just in time for lunch and WS opening. I think the tour was three hours, 8-11. I just remember being an hour behind him getting to the park and them getting done at 11.

Don’t feel bad, my information is coming from my DH who took the tour in July of 2005. He said they didn’t have little ear pieces to listen to a guide and they stopped maybe twice (in China and Italy). He said the guides said they wanted to give them lots of time to ride around not stop and talk, his words.

I don’t remember all the details of the tour but he had to be at the park an hour before it opened that day and they were done at 11, just in time for lunch and WS opening. I think the tour was three hours, 8-11. I just remember being an hour behind him getting to the park and them getting done at 11.

I only have one thing to say… Never get in the way of an unexperienced Segway driver! :laugh: We were walking and all of a sudden a train of them came out of a doorway… and almost ran over us! :eek: