EPCOT: Spaceship Earth question

Please help me solve this household disagreement. In the new scene of Spaceship Earth where you see a man sitting at a desk with an early model computer, assumably in that famous California garage WHO is that supposed to be sitting there?

Steve Woz? Steve Jobs? Bill Gates?

I sware I know I am right on this, but Daniel is insisting. :tongue: :laugh:

Paging Sam Eagle, paging my friend Sam Eagle!
:heart:

My guess is Bill Gates

REALLY?!??! That was neither my nor Daniel’s guess! We actually both agreed that it WASN’T Bill Gates. :laugh: He insisted on one Steve & I insisted on the other.

Maybe it’s just like an unspecific “create your own identity” figure. :laugh:

I think that there is no official answer based on what I was reading on another site. However I am watching 80s tech on the history channel and they said that Steve Woz invented the smaller computer in Steve jobs garage… Both got credit here. What is your guess???

Answer.com says -The credit for development of a computer for home use goes to Steve Wozniak (1950-) and Steve Jobs (1955-), college dropouts who founded Apple Computer in 1976. They spent six months working out of a garage, developing the crude prototype for Apple I.

wow im impressed i just thougth it was a character like the roman guy. never thougth it stood for any real person boy do i feel dumb.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;984194]Paging Sam Eagle, paging my friend Sam Eagle!
:heart:[/QUOTE]

Who is Sam Eagle . . . ? Your :ph34r: tech person?

:laugh::laugh:

I’m not sure, but I’d be more confident that it’s Steve Wozniak, who was the bigger nerd of the two Steves who created the Apple.
Sorry, last time I rode was in late May.

Soundgod is right, It’s Steve Wozniak :closedeye

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;984209]Who is Sam Eagle . . . ? Your :ph34r: tech person?

:laugh::laugh:[/QUOTE]

Sam Eagle= Tigger.

I found this tech article saying it’s Steve Jobs in Spaceship Earth:
Steve Jobs (and not Woz) to come to Epcot’s Spaceship Earth - Boing Boing

PS: Steve Jobs is on the Board of Directors at Disney!??!!? Is that true? I had no clue.

Then again, Wikipedia says it’s Steve Woz in Spaceship Earth.

Rats, now you’ve given it away! :laugh:

I found this: Who’s the Mystery Man in Epcot’s Garage? Neither Woz nor Jobs

[QUOTE=Soundgod;984212]I’m not sure, but I’d be more confident that it’s Steve Wozniak, who was the bigger nerd of the two Steves who created the Apple.
Sorry, last time I rode was in late May.[/QUOTE]

I could have sworn that I spotted Woz in the “Country Bear Jamboree”, not Spaceship Earth. :laugh::pinch:

Sorry…text me next time :wink:

Yes it is Steve…The old SSE actually had a replica of the Apple I with an more Steve Jobs looking guy…The whole new garage scene seems to be generic more then an exact Jobs. It’s more a Job’s Woz’s hybrid (we can call him Steve for short) working on some generic home brew computer.

You have to remember that HP, Apple, Atari, and a bunch of other big tech companies started in the valley, so I think the imagineers paid homage to the spirt and used Steve as a model.

[QUOTE=tigger;984234]Sorry…text me next time :wink:

Yes it is Steve…The old SSE actually had a replica of the Apple I with an more Steve Jobs looking guy…The whole new garage scene seems to be generic more then an exact Jobs. It’s more a Job’s Woz’s hybrid (we can call him Steve for short) working on some generic home brew computer.

You have to remember that HP, Apple, Atari, and a bunch of other big tech companies started in the valley, so I think the imagineers paid homage to the spirt and used Steve as a model.[/QUOTE]

Yay Sam!! :heart: After everything I’ve read online now I think I have to agree that it’s some non-descript homeage to all the founder tech nerds.

I think Daniel and I were both right. :tongue:

The figure in Spaceship EArth:

I found this picture of ‘the Steves’ in Steve Job’s garage from that time period. Of course the jerks both have to have the same hairdo & facial hair. haha. Neither of them are wearing glasses though.

I think the SE figure is just “Steve.”

PS: I’ve had a crush on Steve Woz for too long. :laugh:

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;984229]
PS: Steve Jobs is on the Board of Directors at Disney!??!!? Is that true? I had no clue. [/QUOTE]

Steve Jobs is on the Disney board by way of his large holding of Pixar being converted to a nice sized holding of Disney when Disney acquired Pixar. (This is the non technical explanation)