Epcot Tree Lighting Ceremony

I started sketching out our Christmas plans for this year and can’t remember what time the Tree Lighting Ceremony is at Epcot. I missed it last year because I would forget until it was too late. I want to make sure we get to see it this year. Does anyone know what time it starts and how early we need to show up in order to be able to stand around the tree when they do it?

I’m not sure, but I don’t think they did the tree lighting ceremony last year as they had in previous years.
In 2007, I think it was 6 PM.

I wonder why they don’t do it anymore. That is too bad…

Thanks for asking-i needed this information

[QUOTE=Soundgod;988730]I’m not sure, but I don’t think they did the tree lighting ceremony last year as they had in previous years.
In 2007, I think it was 6 PM.[/QUOTE]

Yes they did it! It was a big stage show and then a 1, 2, 3 and it lit! Mickey and the gang presented it and they were all in blue and white costumes. I’ll have to see if I can dig up some photos.

It’s right at the entrance to the International Gateway . . . times vary depending on when you are there . . . most nights it’s at dusk. The characters arrive in a double decker bus and there is a stage set up in front of the tree. They do a little show and them light the tree, with the help of the crowd of course. :happy:

Check the schedule when you arrive at the park . . . that is your best bet for the time.