Epcot Wine Walk

Who can give me info on this? Where do we pick up the card? At Guest Services? Cost?

I know she started the last one in Germany and picked up the card there. I don’t know offhand if GS has them.

You can buy the card for $20 in France, Italy, or Germany. The shops that sell the wine sell the card so look for it in the wine shops. In France it’s in the wine store not the stand that sells the Grey Goose slushy drink.

You get two two ounce pours in each of those countries. I did it and had fun with it. I didn’t care for either wine in France but thought the other four samples were good.

Thanks! I hadn’t heard of this before I read your TR Steph - dd and I will enjoy it, I’m sure!

I do not remember anything from our wine walk, sorry. But I figure it was pretty cool.

Um … Hello … FOUNTAIN !!! :eek:

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1120286]You can buy the card for $20 in France, Italy, or Germany. The shops that sell the wine sell the card so look for it in the wine shops. In France it’s in the wine store not the stand that sells the Grey Goose slushy drink.

You get two two ounce pours in each of those countries. I did it and had fun with it. I didn’t care for either wine in France but thought the other four samples were good.[/QUOTE]

My mom loved all of the wines except the German ones. But she really loved the Wine Walk. It was a good little deal.

DD, DH and I might have to try this on our trip. Thanks for sharing.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1120286]You can buy the card for $20 in France, Italy, or Germany. The shops that sell the wine sell the card so look for it in the wine shops. In France it’s in the wine store not the stand that sells the Grey Goose slushy drink.

You get two two ounce pours in each of those countries. I did it and had fun with it. I didn’t care for either wine in France but thought the other four samples were good.[/QUOTE]

Is this something new?

The German wines can be awfully sweet
:blow:

:laugh::laugh:

I don’t think so. I bought a card last summer and I don’t think it was new then.

I’m a so looking forward to this! Do you get a choice of which wine you’d like to try or do they just have a “wine of the day”?

[QUOTE=Dopey;1120802]The German wines can be awfully sweet
:blow:[/QUOTE]

Yes, that was her issue. She just made my dad drink them. Ha.

I have a feeling I’m going to like the German wines, as I love sweet wines. In fact, could I use my card only in Germany to try more than 2 wines, or is it set at two for each country?

It’s a set two wines in every country, you have no choice in what you get. France had what I thought were two dry wines but the other four were sweeter. My very favorite was the Rosa Regale in Italy, it’s one we have enjoyed for several years.

Can you pick white wine over red wine, or do they give you a glass of white and a glass of red?

You don’t get a choice on red or white. I think both wines in Germany were white, both in Italy were red, and I think France was one one white and one red.

Thank you for the info.

I’ve never heard of this but I’m intrigued…so I buy a card for $20 and this gets me 6 wine samples across 3 pavilions? That could make for a very hiccup interesting trip around the showcase!

Out of curiosity - do you have to have ALL 6 wines in the same 24hr period or could you buy the card early in your trip and sample one or 2 over a couple of trips to WS?