Epcot's 30th Birthday

Do any of you know if Epcot will be doing anything special for Epcot’s 30th on 10/01/12?

…i read about details for the anniversary a while back but can’t find the exact site now…here’s another one…there are lots if you google…:smile:

Details of D23’s Epcot 30th Anniversary celebration to be held at Walt Disney World, will include Imagineer presentations | Inside the Magic

It looks as if some events may need special admission tickets…

Two weeks ago when we were there, they had lots of cool retro shirts and pins and things at Mouse Gear!!!

Have fun.:mickey:

Originally we were going to be in the World for this but had to push hte trip back a week.
I read about special merchandise and pins a while back, but nothing since. Pam is bummed that we are going to miss this by 3 days.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1121065]Originally we were going to be in the World for this but had to push hte trip back a week.
I read about special merchandise and pins a while back, but nothing since. Pam is bummed that we are going to miss this by 3 days.[/QUOTE]

You should be able to order merchandise now…if you are interested…we saw lots of it two weeks ago. :smile:

My DH went to Epcot when it had just opened- just 6 months before we met so I wasn’t on that trip- wow 30 years seems a real long time ago!

Are there no celebration events for non D23 members? We’ll be there and would love to join in!

I’ve not been able to find any WDW sponsored events at all…I remember looking for information while I was there two weeks ago and all I found were the merchandise.

Seems strange to me-----

I got a T-shirt for Magic Kingdom’s 40th anniversary,so I’m hoping to get a 30th anniversary T-shirt for Epcot too.

I see nothing (and I am not D23)… I am sure they will have merchandise, but a little event to attend would be cool.

Wow would be cool to be there for the birthday celebration and also F&W! How great a trip that would be!

…I got this in an email today…it looks as if Disney is encouraging celebrating Epcots 30th, by attendance at the F&W…not much more will be offerred than that I guess…

Celebrating Thirty Years of Fun and Inspiration | Disney Insider | Disney

[QUOTE=smallworld;1123364]…I got this in an email today…it looks as if Disney is encouraging celebrating Epcots 30th, by attendance at the F&W…not much more will be offerred than that I guess…

Celebrating Thirty Years of Fun and Inspiration | Disney Insider | Disney[/QUOTE]

I think they did pretty much the same for Epcot 25, other than a special ending for Illuminations on Oct 1, 2007.

I was there on Oct 1st and it was a mad house.There were lines from Mousegears all the way back to Spaceship Earth for the anniversary pins and limited edition T-shirts.I asked a few people in line how long the wait was to get in ,they said almost 6 hours.You could only enter and exit through 1 set of doors.We were so disappointed at the lack of friendlyness(sp?). Most of the staff at Mousegears were very rude.

Wow…everything retro Epcot was out when we were there in August and it wasn’t busy at all…I bought a jacket with an old logo…there were also lots of cool ornaments. We didn’t see any tshirts we liked though…it might be worth while to order online!!!