EPCOT's Candlelight Processional 2009 discussion

I just wanted to start a spot where we can discuss the Candlelight Processional for 2009.

I haven’t been to one in about 10 years, :blush: I know! But since Daniel and I will be there the week before Christmas we are thinking about doing it this year. Our only choices would be Dec. 16th or 17th, and the narrator is Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine).

Has anyone done this before with the Dining Package? We are going to have the basic dining plan and are just trying to figure out how to work it best. The official 2009 information isn’t out yet, only the narrators but if anyone has any insight I’d appreciate it. :happy:

Tentative 2009 Narrators, taken from AllEars:

November 27-29 – Isabella Rossellini
November 30, December 1-2 – John O’ Hurley
December 3-5 – Steven Curtis Chapman
December 6-8 – Anika Noni Rose (thanks for that info LoveMySons)
December 9-11 – Andy Garcia
December 12-14 – Vanessa Williams
December 15-17 – Abigail Breslin
December 18-20 – Whoopi Goldberg
December 21-23 – Brian Dennehy
December 24-26 – Edward James Olmos
December 27-30 – Angela Bassett & Courtney B. Vance

We have done it with the dinner package, and without, and in all honesty, it really didn’t matter. I guess if you want to make sure you have a seat, and are under cover for the performance, then you want to do the dinner package.

Personally, I love it. I cry every time we see it, it always is so overwhelming to me. We are hoping to see Andy Garcia.

By the way, Anika Noni Rose is the narrator for Dec. 6-8th.

[QUOTE=lovemysons;987486]We have done it with the dinner package, and without, and in all honesty, it really didn’t matter. I guess if you want to make sure you have a seat, and are under cover for the performance, then you want to do the dinner package.

Personally, I love it. I cry every time we see it, it always is so overwhelming to me. We are hoping to see Andy Garcia.

By the way, Anika Noni Rose is the narrator for Dec. 6-8th.[/QUOTE]

Do people from the dining package really get reserved seating or do they have to wait just as long as everyone else lining up?

I was really hoping to see Whoopi Goldberg but we have plans on the 18th & 19th so that won’t work!

[QUOTE=lovemysons;987486]

By the way, Anika Noni Rose is the narrator for Dec. 6-8th.[/QUOTE]

Who is that? Is she the girl that plays the new princess?

I remember doing the package dinner couple years ago and there was no reserved seats… we waited in line just like everyone else and ended up having to rush to get good seats… but we really enjoyed our dinner that we were okay about no reserved seating! Besides, the performance is breathtaking!!!

There is a reserved section for the CP dining package guests, but you would have to get in a separate line from the rest of the crowd to access it. Sometimes you have to actually ask the CM’s standing there which is the correct line.

The problem for me is that you still have to get there early to sit in the reserved section. Just like the reserved section for FDP, they release the seats to the public as it gets closer to showtime.

Yep, that’s who she is. She been on Broadway and has had a few small rolls in film.

Anika Noni Rose - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We are going to try to go to this in Dec. We will be in the central FL area for most of the month of Dec. so I can, pretty much, pick my date. I’ll have to think about who I would like to hear.

I have heard great things about it, so I am excited to finally go and see it.

We have never used the dining plan, but we have done the dinner package many times. In the past years, the reserved line (with the package) was to the left (facing the stage). The stand-by line was to the right of the stage. The reserved seating guarantees you a seat, and the best seats do require standing in line early. We always found it best to have the reserved seating.

People on disboards are saying that to use the DDP with the candlelight package it will use 2 credits for a meal that is usually 1 credit. Not sure about out of pocket costs.

[QUOTE=timkelmom;987525]Yep, that’s who she is. She been on Broadway and has had a few small rolls in film.

Anika Noni Rose - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/QUOTE]

She’s gorgeous! And I love that she’s 36! :happy:

I know, me too!

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;987489]Do people from the dining package really get reserved seating or do they have to wait just as long as everyone else lining up?

I was really hoping to see Whoopi Goldberg but we have plans on the 18th & 19th so that won’t work![/QUOTE]

Oh I bet she would be fun to see. We actually saw Eartha Kitt one year, and she was amazing.

John O’Hurley was probably the best narrator we ever had.

In my opinion, even with reserved seating, you still wind up waiting in a long line. Of course, this could all be related to the time of the show, and the time of year.

[QUOTE=lovemysons;987546]Oh I bet she would be fun to see. We actually saw Eartha Kitt one year, and she was amazing.

John O’Hurley was probably the best narrator we ever had.

In my opinion, even with reserved seating, you still wind up waiting in a long line. Of course, this could all be related to the time of the show, and the time of year.[/QUOTE]

Well, I think if the dining package remains 1 table service credit per person like it has been in the past we’ll try the package. If, for '09, they try to charge us 2 table service credits to eat at Biergarten JUST to do the CP Dining Package forget it, that’s just silly.

I guess I’ll have to wait for the official information to come out.

It stinks that we’ll still have to wait in a long line but if I’m gonna wait I want to at least be guaranteed a seat & hopefully it is a decent one. This is the weekend before Christmas we’re talking about, which I suspect might get a little whacky-new-new.

Hey, I just saw that included in the package this year is a reserved viewing for Illuminations. It does look like its going to be 2 TS credits though.

I got this from a newsletter I receive from another site.

"For the 5:00 CP show, ADRs will be from 1:45 – 2:45 p.m.
For the 6:45 show, ADRs will be from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
For the 8:15 show, ADRs will be from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.

Tier 1
Adults: $32.99 lunch/$44.99 dinner
Kids: $17.99 lunch/ $22.99 dinner
Biergarten or Garden Grill (dinner only)

Tier 2
Adults: $38.99 lunch/ $44.99 dinner
Kids: $12.99 lunch/ $14.99 dinner
Nine Dragons, Marrakesh, Rose and Crown, San Angel Inn

Tier 3
Adults: $51.99 lunch/ $58.99 dinner/ $60.99 for 8:15 show
Kids: $13.99/ $15.99 dinner (no price difference for 8:15 show for kids)
Chefs De France, Coral Reef, Le Cellier, Teppan Edo, Tokyo Dining, Tutto Italia

All meals include an appetizer, entree, dessert and beverage. This year, those on Disney’s dining plan will need to use two table service credits to book the CP dinner package. Also, a preferred viewing area for IllumiNations is included for guests with the package."

Where is everyone seeing this? Ugh, I don’t know, we may not do it for 2 table service credits. I’d rather eat at Cali Grill for 2 credits. We’ll see. I’ll have to see how much the Tier 1 would cost out of pocket too.

Hehe, just posted it above. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;987549]Well, I think if the dining package remains 1 table service credit per person like it has been in the past we’ll try the package. If, for '09, they try to charge us 2 table service credits to eat at Biergarten JUST to do the CP Dining Package forget it, that’s just silly.

I guess I’ll have to wait for the official information to come out.

It stinks that we’ll still have to wait in a long line but if I’m gonna wait I want to at least be guaranteed a seat & hopefully it is a decent one. This is the weekend before Christmas we’re talking about, which I suspect might get a little whacky-new-new.[/QUOTE]

Last year we went on Xmas Eve. It was only 1 credit last year. Getting ressies were hard, and I ended up with Mexico. Save the table credit and grab a funnel cake and hop on line and wait . . . the place is really big, and holds a lot AND even if you don’t get in . . . you can still hear everything on the outside.

It was really beautiful we enjoyed it! :wub: