"Epic Mickey" game announced for Wii

This is so mindblowing, I didn’t beleive it. I had to see like ten legit links before I bought it.

The wiki articleand some crazy concept art

Apparently the guy who dreamed it up is a HUGE Mickey fan, so at least we know its gonna be chock full of little nods to the past of Disney, good or bad. But its just…really…not magical. I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around it, and I’m almost certain no one here will like it… :blush:

Haha, I saw this a few months ago and fell in love with it.

A little too creepy for me. But he sure put some effort into the idea, didn’t he? I’ll give him credit for that and say MAYBE I’ll try it. In the middle of the day. With all the lights on.

Steampunk costuming is gorgeous. And that is my entire knowledge of Steampunk. :laugh:

Steampunk dystopian Disney?

They approved this? Surprising. Unexpected. (Almost baffling.)

Then again, it sounds like the goal of game is to restore Disney to the Disney we know. So it is ultimately supportive of what we think of when we talk Disney magic? We’ll have to see.

But I approach this VERY hesitantly…!

[QUOTE=Andrea;998337]Steampunk costuming is gorgeous. And that is my entire knowledge of Steampunk. :laugh:

Steampunk dystopian Disney?

They approved this? Surprising. Unexpected. (Almost baffling.)

Then again, it sounds like the goal of game is to restore Disney to the Disney we know. So it is ultimately supportive of what we think of when we talk Disney magic? We’ll have to see.

But I approach this VERY hesitantly…![/QUOTE]

Andrea, I was SHOCKED when I was looking into some rumored future series from the Vinylmation collection and saw that one whole collection is going to be called “SteamPunk.” I was like “Whhhhha, get outta town!”

The costuming is absolutely gorgeous and as obscure as this sounds I was actually considering doing fabrication of SteamPunk accessories just for fun & selling it on-line because I ABSOLUTELY love making stuff with metal, gears, gadgets and of course I love vintage stuff anyway.

But yeah, Daniel actually showed me these pictures somewhere else on whatever gaming junk he looks at, I love it. No, it’s obviously not my perfect vision of Disney but it’s thought inspiring and intruiguing for the art appreciating Disney fan I think.

I am pretty sure that if they ever sold that “Beach Attack” scene as a giclée piece in the Disney art galleries I’d buy it. It would be totally unexpected in my house which is full of ‘happy’ Disney images.:laugh:

I’ve been reading about this stuff online for a few months. I think it looks really cool! The mechanical Goofy freaks me out a bit, but there is always a dark side to everything.

I think its super cool. Different and a little disarming, but cool. I will probably buy the game.