Erin and Chris: Food and Wine 2011, Take 1

Last weekend, Chris (BF) and I went to The Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT. He’s never been to Food and Wine before and I’ve only breezed through it in the past.

We had a great time and I thought I’d give you the lowdown on what we tried, what we liked and what we hated.

It was my BF’s first time in EPCOT and it was a lot of fun to see it again through fresh eyes. Food and Wine was a lot of fun and we plan on going back very soon.

I have a lap band so it was interesting to see what I could eat/couldn’t eat. For those who do not know, it’s impossible (pretty much) to eat any type of bread, so I was unsure of what to try and what not to try! (So I drank! HAHA)

:mickey:

and what did you eat? where are your food pics? :slight_smile: living vicariously through you for another week!

I didn’t take pics!! I will just have to describe!

Argentina:
Me: •Beef Empanada $3.75
Me: •Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Purée $5.00

The Beef Empanada was impossible for me to eat but I REALLY wanted a bite, so I took one, regreted it and moved on to the skewer, which was my favorite thing all day. The chimichurri sauce was SO GOOD and the potatoes must be remade in my kitchen immediately.

Chris ate most of both of them, because I tried the empanada first and it didn’t go down with the band, which made it hard to eat anything.

BELGIUM
Me: •Godiva Chocolate Iced Coffee $7.25

Um, yummy. That’s all I can say. It was SERIOUSLY good and then I was buzzed for Mission:Space, which I thought I might regret but didn’t.

BRAZIL
Me: (and Chris) •LeBlon frozen cocktail Frozen Caipirinha $7.50

This was the best drink of the day. SO YUMMY!! We ‘shared’ it but I drank most of it. Because it was the best.

HOPS AND BARLEY:
Chris: •Linda Bean’s Perfect Maine Lobster Roll $7.25
Chris: Cherry Wheat® $5.25

He thought the Lobster on the roll should have been broken up a little more - I don’t know what that means because I didn’t have one bite of it. Ew.

The Cherry Wheat beer was ok. I’m not a beer drinker and he just said “it’s ok”. :laugh:

ITALY
Chris: •Placido Pinot Grigio $4.50

He said it was yummy. I thought it was, too.

MOROCCO
Me:•Baklava $2.95
Me:•Tangerine Mimosa Royal $6.00

The Baklava was perfect. The portion was big for such a rich food and I gave over half to Chris.

The Mimosa was not royal. It was a big, giant disappointment in a cool glass.

I think it would have tasted better if it was colder. You know how OJ gets a funny taste when it sits out? That’s how it tasted. :frowning:

and it had a hair in it.

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

New Zealand
Me and Chris: •Seared Sea Scallop with Kumara-Red Curry Puree and Apple Radish Salad $4.25

I don’t like seafood, but I promised him I would TRY something new. So, I did. It was pretty yummy!! :smiley:
We both thought the apple radish salad was bland.

SCANDANAVIA
Me: •Xante Sunshine $7.25
Chris:•Swedish Meatballs with Lingonberries $3.50

I thought the Sunshine was GROSS. It tasted like MEDICINE, not like sunshine. At all.

Chris liked the meatballs. I didn’t taste them because this was actually placed right after Argentina somewhere and I was still recovering from the Epanada getting stuck in my esophogus!

That’s all I remember. We definitely want to go back for more, so I’ll try to take pictures that day.

In case anyone wonders, we rode:

Captain EO
Mission:Space
Maelstrom
Soarin’
Spaceship Earth
Nemo
and we looked at the aquariums in the Living With The Sea

Awesome report even without the pics. :mickey:I am looking forward to the Many Adventures to come!:heart: