Ever encounter the "Disney Magic" Scrooge?

So 2 weeks ago, we were at the [B]Animal Kingdom[/B], front seat at [B]Kilimanjaro Safaris[/B] with the family, enjoying our great Disney vacation… then all of the sudden “He” (the scrooge) says OUT LOUD [B]“Simba 1, Do you copy Simba 1”[/B] right before the narrator of the actual ride says his “Simba 1” spill… he pretty much killed it for everyone on the ride…:pinch: If you don’t enjoy the Disney “Magic”, why go? Why ruin it for everyone around you?:angry:

Anyways, that was my encounter with the Disney-Magic Scrooge… just wanted to get that off my chest, its been bugging me ever sense we got back…:mellow:

No, I haven’t had that experience, but sometimes my brother likes to yell out “Gunther!” at random moments…strange, I know!

Me and my DD love to do the Haunted Mansion narration before we go on the ride, we do it cos we love it not to spoil it for anyone else, we do it with the narrator not before it and we dont do it loud.

Oh yeah, but this was hilarious, and strange all at the same time. We were in line for the haunted mansion. Well, you know how you are not really paying any attention to the people in line around you, until you are in the stretching room? Well, we all go into the stretching room, and are getting grouped together. When, I notice this guy next to me… He is about 5"3", with blonde hair. It was long enough to stick out of the mad hatter shaped black hat that he was wearing. He had a cane, but he did not need to use it to walk. he had on a black t-shirt with a black velvet jacket on (in JUNE!!!)… Well, people around him are starting to notice that he was there-all by himself… Why was he so dressed up? Was it really Halloween? Why was he wearing VELVET in the 96 degree weather??? Why did he have a cane? He was carrying it, not using it-at all… By this point, everyone around him is thinking the same thing… what in the world???

When the guy (ghost) started talking in the stretching room, he started silently reciting the words to himself… and the whole time people are looking at him instead of watching the walls stretch…

It was weird…

Then we watched him, when the ride was over he sauntered back through liberty square like he was headed home… It was so weird that it was funny, although distracting…

[QUOTE=hanwill;1026450]Oh yeah, but this was hilarious, and strange all at the same time. We were in line for the haunted mansion. Well, you know how you are not really paying any attention to the people in line around you, until you are in the stretching room? Well, we all go into the stretching room, and are getting grouped together. When, I notice this guy next to me… He is about 5"3", with blonde hair. It was long enough to stick out of the mad hatter shaped black hat that he was wearing. He had a cane, but he did not need to use it to walk. he had on a black t-shirt with a black velvet jacket on (in JUNE!!!)… Well, people around him are starting to notice that he was there-all by himself… Why was he so dressed up? Was it really Halloween? Why was he wearing VELVET in the 96 degree weather??? Why did he have a cane? He was carrying it, not using it-at all… By this point, everyone around him is thinking the same thing… what in the world???

When the guy (ghost) started talking in the stretching room, he started silently reciting the words to himself… and the whole time people are looking at him instead of watching the walls stretch…

It was weird…

Then we watched him, when the ride was over he sauntered back through liberty square like he was headed home… It was so weird that it was funny, although distracting…[/QUOTE]

What you call weird I call a successful afternoon*.

[QUOTE=hanwill;1026450]Oh yeah, but this was hilarious, and strange all at the same time. We were in line for the haunted mansion. Well, you know how you are not really paying any attention to the people in line around you, until you are in the stretching room? Well, we all go into the stretching room, and are getting grouped together. When, I notice this guy next to me… He is about 5"3", with blonde hair. It was long enough to stick out of the mad hatter shaped black hat that he was wearing. He had a cane, but he did not need to use it to walk. he had on a black t-shirt with a black velvet jacket on (in JUNE!!!)… Well, people around him are starting to notice that he was there-all by himself… Why was he so dressed up? Was it really Halloween? Why was he wearing VELVET in the 96 degree weather??? Why did he have a cane? He was carrying it, not using it-at all… By this point, everyone around him is thinking the same thing… what in the world???

It was weird…

Then we watched him, when the ride was over he sauntered back through liberty square like he was headed home… It was so weird that it was funny, although distracting…[/QUOTE]

Oooh - that’s kinda spooky!:laugh: Maybe he was one of the hitchhiking ghosts, just out stretching his legs.:blink:

the thing is - with Disney you’re going to run into all sorts of people, and some will bug you or annoy you or exasperate you…but if they “get” to you - then they win. Ignoring them is usually the best route.

I was on the safari once as well and boy did I get mad at the guy behind me!

This husband and wife had two younger kids with them. The kids were REALLY excited to see the animals on the ride. Then we got to the section where the Lions were and the kids were THRILLED and having the BEST time. I even was getting into it because of the kids screaming, clapping and laughing… then the father/husband says in a booming almost depressing tone… those aren’t REAL animals those are them fake disney robots they make here. I felt so bad for those kids. Could you imagine what else that parent said! I wasn’t even with them and I was sad. Seriously WHO DOES THAT?!

Then at the end of the ride the husband says as he exits (Mind you it’s about 10 am or so) MAN i haven’t had a beer all day. Lets go find one. I seriously wanted to turn around take their kids and try to make it up to them. I HOPE those kids didn’t lose that Disney magic but… I think sadly they did because there was some comments from the kids saying animals weren’t real. :frowning:

There should be a test that you have to pass in order to have kids… a difficult one. That is so mean. How could you do that to those poor little things? That is part of why you bring them-the thrill of what you are going to see…

I am glad that the MK does not sell alcohol…

By the way, our guy at the HM was entertainment… we were very amused.

Some people are just spirit killers, no matter where they are. They just seem to enjoy crushing that little piece of magic we all carry, whether it be by ruining the fantasy of a ride, clipping the wings of the Tooth Fairy or murdering the Easter Bunny. They seem to relish in the disappointment of others.

My kids are 3 & 7 and I try to keep all the fantasies going. A Leprechaun recently broke in and left behind glittery green footprints and gold coins. Next we are preparing for the Easter Bunny’s visit when he will leave behind white “bunny” fur and carrot shavings.

They have their whole lives to be adults, for pete’s sake, give them a little magic and innocence while you can.

I totally agree! My kids know that I schedule our park days based on where the characters are for that day. After all, they cannot be in 2 places at once… They love it!

[QUOTE=tiffanytaylor;1026547]I was on the safari once as well and boy did I get mad at the guy behind me!

This husband and wife had two younger kids with them. The kids were REALLY excited to see the animals on the ride. Then we got to the section where the Lions were and the kids were THRILLED and having the BEST time. I even was getting into it because of the kids screaming, clapping and laughing… then the father/husband says in a booming almost depressing tone… those aren’t REAL animals those are them fake disney robots they make here. I felt so bad for those kids. Could you imagine what else that parent said! I wasn’t even with them and I was sad. Seriously WHO DOES THAT?!

Then at the end of the ride the husband says as he exits (Mind you it’s about 10 am or so) MAN i haven’t had a beer all day. Lets go find one. I seriously wanted to turn around take their kids and try to make it up to them. I HOPE those kids didn’t lose that Disney magic but… I think sadly they did because there was some comments from the kids saying animals weren’t real. :-([/QUOTE]

They should have thrown that dad (& his beer) into the lion exhibit to see how those ‘fake animals’ react!!

Whoa Whoa Woa … Hang on there!!! Save the Beer!!!:laugh: Don’t waste a perfectly good Beer on a sour person! :pirate:

I do the entire Rocking rollercoaster pre show while in line for it…much to the dismay of everyone around me…I do it cause I love it and it makes my DD laugh.

[QUOTE=tiffanytaylor;1026547]I was on the safari once as well and boy did I get mad at the guy behind me!

Then at the end of the ride the husband says as he exits (Mind you it’s about 10 am or so) MAN i haven’t had a beer all day. Lets go find one. I seriously wanted to turn around take their kids and try to make it up to them. I HOPE those kids didn’t lose that Disney magic but… I think sadly they did because there was some comments from the kids saying animals weren’t real. :-([/QUOTE]
Is it not possible that he was just entertaining/teasing the kids?

the beer, well, sometimes alcohol tastes really good when you know you have nothing to think about but having fun.

Hmm…this is something to think about. I too do the stretching room narration as it happens…but quietly with DW so not to spoil it for anyone else. However, I wonder if I’m being misunderstood as a spoiler. I’ll pay more attention next time to see if I can even control the urge!

See, This is why I never saw “Titanic”, Someone blabbed out it sank!!! :laugh:

I was going to go with “JFK” and someone said he gets shot …so…:whistling

Oh no!! I think it just shows you are a real Disney 'fan’atic!! No offence is meant by us doing the narration so none should be taken especially as we keep it quiet!!

[QUOTE=WALL;1026584]See, This is why I never saw “Titanic”, Someone blabbed out it sank!!! :laugh:

I was going to go with “JFK” and someone said he gets shot …so…:whistling[/QUOTE]

Oh Wall!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::heart:

[QUOTE=fito;1026439]So 2 weeks ago, we were at the Animal Kingdom, front seat at Kilimanjaro Safaris with the family, enjoying our great Disney vacation… then all of the sudden “He” (the scrooge) says OUT LOUD “Simba 1, Do you copy Simba 1” right before the narrator of the actual ride says his “Simba 1” spill… he pretty much killed it for everyone on the ride…:pinch: If you don’t enjoy the Disney “Magic”, why go? Why ruin it for everyone around you?:angry:

Anyways, that was my encounter with the Disney-Magic Scrooge… just wanted to get that off my chest, its been bugging me ever sense we got back…:mellow:[/QUOTE]

Toss him to the poachers! :laugh:

Wall you are too funny :laugh::laugh::laugh: